confused about dates can anyone help me please?

cat118118

mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
Hi all!

So im alittle confused as to how far along I am. My LMP was the 1st of October and lasted 4-5 days. I have a period tracker app on my phone and I gives me an estimated day of ovulation. So according to the tracker I ovulated on the 23rd or 24th.

If I go from my LMP I am just over 6 weeks coz there was a 3 week gap between period and ovulation instead of the usual 2. So am I 5 or 6 weeks pregnant?

Really confused lol xx

Do you usually ovulate around day 23/24?

No I'm not even sure I ovulated then. I think thats abit late. Thats just what my tracjer said but i think.it was earlier. But my test lines were faint to begin with. So still confused x

It is always calculated from the first day of your last period irrespective of when ovulation occurred as far as I know x

I would count it from the day of your last period, unless your 100% sure as to when you ovulated. I knew when I ovulated and I counted it from that date, and my scan matched up perfectly for me.

A scan will tell you exactly how far on you are :)

If you ovulated late, then dating from your last period will be incorrect. If your tracker is right, you are prob about 5 weeks along.

How many days are an average cycle? If they're longer its very possible to ovulate around CD 22-24ish

Here is a due date calculator. You can use your last LMP and then input the cycle length to change it to a longer cycle. You said you ovulated a week later. Since a normal cycle is 28 days, I set it to 35. That said you would be 5+3. It all depends on when you ovulated :flower:

https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-d...&ivf_days=3&MM=7&DD=9&YYYY=2013&showResults=1

Your midwife/doctor will go by your LMP until you have your dating scan. Officially based on LMP I'm 6+5 but I think I'm more like 5+3 based on when I think I ovulated.

Yes my average cycle is 35 days. Sometime they can be longer and sometimes alittle shorter but the average is 35 days. I work out im 5+3 but my tracker says 6+3. If I go by my LMP and say I'm 6+3 it means I am 12 weeks on xmas day which means my scan will probably be a week later so ill be 13 weeks so if I am a week being I will be exactly 12 weeks when I go so it will all work out.

still finding it hard to believe I'm pregnant. I am more scared with this pregnancy. Scared that something wil go wrong -FINGERS CROSSED IT DOESNT!!

Thanks ladies x

If your cycles average 35 days then I'd go with ovulation around cd 23/24 or whatever your app told you.

Oh, and congrants! I had my 12 week scan done at 11 weeks so hopefully you can get in before Christmas and get a picture to share with family!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->