Confused about isofix!!!

Honey79

Reaction score
Hi,

This may be a really silly question so I apologise in advance...! If you have isofix fittings in your car (I have a bmw 3 series) do you need to by an isofix base e.g. a familybase or easifix base for maxicosi??

Thanks

If you have isofix in your car, your car seat needs to attach to it. Seats that you take in and out need a base, which stays clipped in. Later when you have a seat that stays in the car you can get one that fits directly to the isofix points.

The other option is to just use the seatbelt fittings!

I have the Maxi-Cosi Easifix base & its great. All you do is clip the cabriofix car seat onto it & you dont have to fiddle about with seat belts.

Whatever infant carrier you decide to go for, try it out in your car beforehand, to see how its easy to intall in your car. Lots of people have commented on the Silver Cross Ventura, because not all seat belts are long enough to install it.

I also have the Maxi-Cosi Priorifix (isofix) forward facing car seat for my toddler.

Its a matter of personal choice whether you go for Isofix or seat belt car seats. Isofix are more expensive than seat belt versions.

The maxi cosi isofix bases can be used as iso fix and with a seat belt. We have the isofix bases (x4 2 for each car) and we have one base using the isofix on the left side and one base using the seat belt fitting in the centre seat. This was the only way we can get the 2 bases and Lexies car seat in.
Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->