Confused about job application :s

pandacub

Proud mummy to Jacob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my degree has been cancelled until next year so i've been applying for jobs left right and centre.. One job I have applied for is a parcel sorter with the Royal Mail, which was advertised through a recruitment agency.
Well yesterday, I got an email from the woman I emailed my CV to, saying I had passed the Royal Mails vetting, and could I print off all these bits of paper work and post it to the agency.
The job advertised didn't even specify hours or pay, and some of the paper work she has sent me would only be necessary if I was actually hired, surely, such as a p46 and declarations, and a photo for an ID badge?!

I have emailed her back and asked about hours and if I would be contacted directly by the Royal Mail for an interview process, but she has not replied yet.

Is this the correct procedure? Do they keep hold of all this information so that they can pass it on directly if I'm successful? I've not used a recruitment agency before! :wacko: <--- this is my face right now

Hmm, certain jobs like to see proof and ask you to bring to the interview, in the past I have had the bring my passport, bank statement, and once before my qualification to prove why I wasn't in ft work for a couple of yrs. the recruitment agency sometimes need proof you r eligible to work in the uk and when I have gone to a recruitment agency in the past they have asked for proof (passport usually) never been asked for a p46 (which one is that btw is a p45 the one U get when you leave work?) and never a photo. Maybe look into the credentials of the agency?

I've had agencies request all my paper work before they've put me forward for a role. They seem to like things up front. They need the p45 because you'd be working for the agency, for their own pay role. I've given a passport copy etc to every one i've ever worked for and declarations/contracts and they kept them on file whether or not they had an job lined up. They like to get all the paperwork sorted so that if a job comes up and you're successful,you can start asap. Some places asked for these and wouldn't put my application further until i'd given it to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->