Confused about progression. A little worried, not sure if I should be

mrspat

Trying to conceive #1
Reaction score
I got my first faint positives on 10dpo and they got darker on 11dpo. But today is 12dpo and it looks the same darkness as yesterday.

I'm trying to tell myself that as long as it isn't drastically lighter then it's ok?

These were both taken in the afternoon.

This is my first bfp so I don't have a lot of knowledge about these things. Thanks :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 9
It looks great!! Congrats on your BFP!!!

I can tell the 12dpo is actually a little darker. I was obsessing over my test just like you are and it worried me so much, but my test only slightly got darker, and then one day, i think at 13dpo it was as faint as the first day i tested and it was with FMU. SO I tested with SMU and it came out darker than with FMU!!! I would just relax. The best thing I did was to run out of pregnancy test lol. I did break down and buy a few 88 cent test at Walmart the other day and I got some really nice dark lines at 19 and 21dpo.

& remember HCG only doubles every 48 hours, so a test inst necessarily going to be darker day after day.

& the test can show up lighter when your urine is more diluted. Which when you are pregnant you tend to be thirstier and pee alot more.

&& I know its hard waiting to see if AF is going to come or not, but just put the test down and enjoy your news and take care of yourself. The best thing you can do for your pregnancy is relax.. which is easier said than done, right!!!!

H&H 9 months!!!

& I just noticed that you are using afternoon urine... these test look amazing for the afternoon. they are much darker than my FMU test.

Thank you for your responses. Really and truly. :hugs:

I just don't know what is normal and what isn't. So I think that's where the worry comes in. Everything you said made sense and I'm going to try and look at the overall picture. Likely it's snuggled in tight :)

Agreed, for afternoon testing at 11 and 12 dpo those lines are outstanding! Congratulations!

I did this yesterday and then panicked that it hadn't changed much within two days, but after reading up about it I've discovered that the tests can vary in sensitivity and colour and are not really any good for checking hormone levels. I recommend not doing any more because you will only stress yourself out like I did, and that's not what you need right now! :)

Thank you all. I think in the back of my mind I knew that, but it's hard to convince yourself of that. First time at this and it sure is a journey and rollercoaster :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->