Confused about something...

africaqueen

Reaction score
I had my surgery for my ectopic pregnancy on jan 5th this yr and they removed the whole tube with my baby. I asked 2 different ppl( the consultant and the nurse) which side tube i lost and they said the right tube... it says removal of right tube in my notes too, BUT... I was lying in bed last nite pondering this and realised it must of been my left tube as this is where my little scar is on my left lower hip and i have a scar on my bikini line. How can i have a scar on the left side and experiance some aching in the left side if they removed my right tube??

Can anyone shed any light on this? i goggled the question but it doesnt bring up the correct thing.

x

Wow, I have no idea! Doctors can make mistakes though... I would go back and make sure, ask again! It is your health and body at stake!

Im no expert and i cannot comment on the op itself but i have seen it been said in the case of ovulation itself that despite ovarian pain being felt on one side, its not necessarily that side you're ovulating from - if that makes sense.

Its all i can think of and probably rubbish..please ignore, lol, and best of luck in the future, chicken!

And, yes definitely, as the above posts suggest, double-check why not, it might give you peace of mind .

Omi xxx

Thank you for replies ladies.

Are there any ladies who have experianced ectopic and can shed a little light on this?

x

hey hunnie i have not experienced this but didnt want to read and run, if im honest i never understood how u get ov pain on opposite side of the overie releasing the egg coz the pain we feel during ovulation is NOT the egg itself coming out its actually the follicle the egg came from leaking the acid type fluid that is in the follicle with the egg, this in turn runs down ur abdominal cavity and causes pain sometimes very bad (like myself) normally meaning alot of fluid was produced and sometimes very mild (meaning little fluid) but i do know that the pains can move from ov side to the opposite side due to fluid running over to the opposite side, this is just my thought on ov pains with the facts i know.
i defiantly think its worth asking again explain u have a scar on ur left side and dont understand how u had ur right tube removed?? u may find they just go in the left side most time due to maybe the right side having something there they dont want to hit during surgery as our tubes are not that far apart so id say going in on the left u could also get right tube but again just MY theory defo best to ask huns, this is ur body and u SHOULD know what u had removed its ur right and as seen as ur ttc i think its even more important u know whats going on inside u, i do hate hospitals for the little information they give u on ur surgeys and stuff :hissy: i hope u get a sticky bean soon huns and in right place millions of :dust: coming your way babes xxxx

I would ask for an explanation. I had my right tube removed and have a scar on the right side, my belly button and bikini line. The hip scar is supposed to be the tube exit site, so I am not sure why they would pass a right tube out the left side?

Best of luck. X

Hi hun, I myself had an ectopic last October and lost my left tube. As the tube ruptured there was no way they could do it through laparoscopy so I just have one scar in the middle just above my pubic bone. It is my understanding that you would have 3 scars if they had used a camers - perhaps this is where the other scar came from? I have to say that my pain has always been on my left side since having that tube removed. I can even tell that I'm ovulating from my left side as the pain can be quite intense. From what you've said about the pain it sounds like it's the opposite tube that has been removed?! I would go to your doctors if you are concerned and get a second opinion as it all sounds a bit messed up. I hope you get some answers soon hun x

PS. Forgot to say I also have a scar in my belly button from where they passed the camera through.

Yes i have 3 scars too. One on my bikin line, one in my belly button and one on the left side of my tummy. I am going to call Dr soon and try shed some light on this as i always get Ovulation pain and want to knw which side actually gives me a chance of conceiving in any given mth... Thanks for help ladies xxx

Aslong as you've got both ovaries hun you've got a chance every month! I'm 99% certain I ov'd from my tubeless side this month due to intense pain and lo and behold I got my BFP at 10dpo! Good luck hun x

yes bear in mind the egg can cross over from the "bad" side, but you def need an answer hun. XXX

Yeah i did need answers so i called my GP and asked her and she said the letter she received from the hospital actually states it WAS indeed my left tube that was removed and NOT my right like i was told at the time... odd! lol. Anyway im glad i have a answer :)

Kimmy B- Wow hun congrats!! u have really given me hope as at this moment in time im thinkin its gonna be virtually impossible to get pregnant again :-( feeling bit low i guess.
How long after your ectopic did it take u to conceive again??

xxx

Wow babes glad u found out. I have a scar on each side and one in the middle. Techinically because i have had two ectopics I have two scars on each side and one in the middle. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they just didnt go in the same place the second time. Glad u got it all sorted out.

Wow babes glad u found out. I have a scar on each side and one in the middle. Techinically because i have had two ectopics I have two scars on each side and one in the middle. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they just didnt go in the same place the second time. Glad u got it all sorted out.

Im sorry to hear u went thru 2 ectopics hun :-(

I pray we get those bfps asap!

btw- my wedding dress was almost same as yours, colour and everything! u got good taste!! hehe xxx

Dont feel low hun, it took me 7 cycles after ectopic, and I was due to have the other tube removed although thankfully I found out I was pregnant before they took the other one away.

Keep positive! X

Dont feel low hun, it took me 7 cycles after ectopic, and I was due to have the other tube removed although thankfully I found out I was pregnant before they took the other one away.

Keep positive! X

Thank u for positive vibes. 7mths waiting for my next bfp would be fine by me ;-) just want to knw im going to be someones mummy one day.
Huge congrats on ur pregnancy!!:happydance:

xxx

I can understand why you're feeling low, I felt the same - even this month I thought I was out! I had methotrexate to treat my ectopic but it failed and I ended up in theatre on 18th Oct. Due to the methotrexate we had to wait 3 months before ttc again so we started to try again on 1st Jan this year and I got my BFP on 17th March! It will happen hun. This cycle I used CBFM, temped, used Conceive plus, Softcups and took Pregnacare. We BD CD4,6,8,10,11,12,13,14. Hope that helps x

Keep positive! X

Thank u for positive vibes. 7mths waiting for my next bfp would be fine by me ;-) just want to knw im going to be someones mummy one day.
Huge congrats on ur pregnancy!!:happydance:

xxx

Thanks so much. It will happen. I spoke to my gp and she prescribed clomid to boost ovulation. I fell pregnant on the second cycle of that. Its maybe worth a chat, but chin up it will happen! I think PMA has a lot to do with it too. Best of luck, you will get there. XXX

I can understand why you're feeling low, I felt the same - even this month I thought I was out! I had methotrexate to treat my ectopic but it failed and I ended up in theatre on 18th Oct. Due to the methotrexate we had to wait 3 months before ttc again so we started to try again on 1st Jan this year and I got my BFP on 17th March! It will happen hun. This cycle I used CBFM, temped, used Conceive plus, Softcups and took Pregnacare. We BD CD4,6,8,10,11,12,13,14. Hope that helps x

Wow that is great news and really positive for me to hear! my consultant advised we wait 3mths before ttc again also so we are actively trying as of my next cycle which is soon!:happydance: We have been having sex without protection as of last wk so hoping we sneak a miracle bfp in there when we werent trying. lol. But offically we start trying from my next cycle which is around 2wks time :) The only negative thing as regards how often we can bd is that dh works away 4 days of the wk so we only get to bd over the 3 days he is home :-( hopefully that will change soon though when he finds another job close to home.

Thanks for giving me my PMA back ladies!!:happydance::happydance:

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"