Confused about test result

Sarah369

Reaction score
So I don't know if I'm worrying over nothing

But today I got a faint positive hpt.

However it seems to be way too early for my calculations.

My last period was 9th - 12th February. So I've tested positive on day 25. On day 14 I had mild cramping which I noted on my tracker as possible ovulation.

My issue is I usually have long cycles. Averaging at 36 days. So this just seems really early for a positive. Although if it was a 28 day cycle I guess all the dates fit ok.

My last cycle was 33 days which is the shortest it's been for as long as I can remember.

I did a second test which came up positive within 1 minute.

It's unlikely to be wrong isn't it?

Sorry for waffling it's just bothering me that I got a positive test so early.

Hope this makes at least some sense

I don't think that it's too early! If you ovulated on day 14 with a positive on day 25, that'd be 11 dpo. It could've been a shorter cycle for you.

My cycles went all screwy and was on 41 - 46 days and eventually up to 55 days. The first cycle trying I didn't ovulate until somewhere around day 38 - 42. The cycle I conceived I ovulated on day 26 and got my positive on day 34 which I'm guessing would've then been a 41 day cycle (as I'm guessing I would've ovulated closer to CD 38 - 42 if it was a 55 day cycle).

I'd say it was a shorter cycle and wouldn't worry that it's too early for a positive.

Congratulations <3

I don't think that it's too early! If you ovulated on day 14 with a positive on day 25, that'd be 11 dpo. It could've been a shorter cycle for you.

My cycles went all screwy and was on 41 - 46 days and eventually up to 55 days. The first cycle trying I didn't ovulate until somewhere around day 38 - 42. The cycle I conceived I ovulated on day 26 and got my positive on day 34 which I'm guessing would've then been a 41 day cycle (as I'm guessing I would've ovulated closer to CD 38 - 42 if it was a 55 day cycle).

I'd say it was a shorter cycle and wouldn't worry that it's too early for a positive.

Congratulations <3

Thank you.
I guess I'm just surprised I had such a short cycle

Will probably poas loads until when I thought period was due to be sure lol

Have you been still poas? Keeping fx :hugs:

Yup. Every morning haha. All coming out positive. I bought a different brand today so will do that in morning and if it comes up positive I think I'll start believing it haha

Can you post a pic? What kind of tests have you been using?

I don't know how to on here. They are the one step strips

https://tinypic.com/r/2i1i974/9

Don't know I this works

Yes that works!! That is blazing BFP girl <3 CONGRATS you are definitely pregnant!! Oh and next time use the IMG code on tinypic and it will post the pic directly instead of the link ;) So happy for you!!!

Yes that works!! That is blazing BFP girl <3 CONGRATS you are definitely pregnant!! Oh and next time use the IMG code on tinypic and it will post the pic directly instead of the link ;) So happy for you!!!

Thank you. I guess I must have just ovulated a lot earlier this month which is odd but after the millions of tests I've taken now they can't all be wrong haha

Thanks for the tip on tinypic

Did the other brand test just now and BFP. think I am ready to believe this now.

Good luck TTC. Hope to see you in first tri soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->