confused about what baby may like/dislike

porkypig

Reaction score
i tried to give my lo butternut squash and he clearly did not like it so i tried some stewed apple and he wasnt overly keen, is it because hes not used to tasting these new tastes (just started weaning) or is it because he just doesnt like it?? should i try the butternut squash another day?? what would you do???

Babies need to taste something quite a few times before they can decide they actually do not like it - so if this is the first time you tried it then it is more likely just due to being a new taste.

I would try a small amount tomorrow, if he still doesnt like it then try next week..but if he doesnt like do not force it, but try again in a few weeks.

It may take a lot of tries, like 15 goes! If after that he is saying no then I would say he really doesnt like the taste or texture.

Not sure how you are storing food, but early on ice cube trays are ideal as you can just get one out and see if he likes it!

Mine is the same...one day he likes something the next he doesn't. i offer if he's not keen I leave and try again a few days later

the ice cube trays are brilliant idea.. its what i use then once it's frozen I pop them out and put them in a freezer bag :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->