Confused after early scan..

Cupcake9596

Reaction score
54E821EF-5C5A-4C68-919C-78E5C4A9A793.jpeg I’m wondering if anyone has any similar experience or can shed some light on this confusion! I had an early scan yesterday and expected to be 8 weeks based on lmp, but baby only measure 6+3 but with a good strong heartbeat. Now, I found out I was pregnant on the 11th March so 4 weeks ago, and it just seems impossible to me. I’m wondering if maybe the measurement is slightly off or baby was at a weird angle? Does anyone have any experience of this? Obviously I now fear the worst

Do you know when you ovulated? If there’s a baby and a strong heartbeat, I wouldn’t worry. It just sounds like your dates are off, maybe you ovulated way later than you expected. I know where I live unless you know for sure when you ovulate, they go by your last period assuming you ovulated on cd14 which is average. I ovulated this pregnancy and with our daughter on cd8 so I measured ahead because of ovulating early.

Hi hon.
It goes by when u ovulated. So if u ovulated late u wont be as far gone as u think.
Also measurements really early on can be a few days out. So I wudnt worry to much. U may measure slightly more at ure next scan.
My due dates gone from the 17th to the 16th to now the 14th October. Going by my last period I shud only be 12 weeks and 5 days but I O on cycle day 11 so I'm 13 weeks and 1 day. I had my dating scan today and I'm due the 14th October.
I really wudnt worry. U either O later or the measurements are a few days out. It happens alot.
So long as there was a strong HB I wudnt worry

With my first pregnancy, my original due date based on LMP was 11/4. Once baby started growing they adjusted my due date to be 11/15. She was born on 11/18. Don't stress about it, you probably just ovulated later in your cycle when you conceived.

Hi hun I had a scan at 7 weeks and they said it could be off by upto a week by the time my dating scan come around, baby hasn't unfolded yet so you could be further, my last period was the 4th Feb and I'm 12 weeks today, also have my scan today so I'll see how off it really was haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->