Confused and a little bit upset, don't know what to think

rescuemom82

Reaction score
So I have been TTC for just a month. Used OPKs and charted things because I was way off when I was TTC with my daughter.

I had positive OPKs and all signs of ovulation, etc. Got a BFP a couple weeks ago. However I've had to see the doctor because I Had severe pain in my left pelvic area, he thought i might be having an ectopic so did beta tests every 2 days and had 2 ultrasounds.

I have just come home from the 2nd ultrasound and she was only able to see a gestational sack with no heartbeat and measuring at 5 weeks when I should be 5 weeks 5 days according to my last menstrual period.

I'm guessing I will have to have a repeat ultrasound but I"m preparing myself for the worst. I'm frightened and upset.

I am also a little bit more upset because my sister is due with her baby any day now and i can't imagine suffering a miscarriage and having to help her with her newborn baby :(

I feel terrible even thinking that but I"m really worried.

thanks for any input

I read so many posts similar to yours, don't worry too much it's still soon. When is your next ultrasound?

thank you for replying, I haven't heard from my OB yet but I guess I will probably have to repeat it in a week.

I'm really scared. My pregnancy with my daughter was complicated too and I spent the entire 38 weeks wondering if I'd actually get to have her or not :(

even 5 weeks 5 days is too early for a heartbeat. Generally you need to be at least 6 weeks. So think positive and good luck on your next ultrasound.

I was temping when I conceived my daughter. I had an early scan and they could just see a sac and beginning of a yolk I believe. It pushed my dates back a week. I was like how. But waiting 3 weeks for the next scan as that was the first available appointment and she was wriggling around looking like a alien, with a heartbeat. She was still a week behind, but she was small at only 5lbs 15oz at birth. Don't worry to much, if your not bleeding your in for a chance.

Hi! I had my scan today and I was supposed to be 7+4 based on my lmp but during the abdominal scan she could only see a sac no baby. During the vaginal scan there was a baby with a heartbeat and I was only measuring 6+5 because I ovulated late.

So you may have ovulated later than 2 weeks after your lmp. Did u have a vaginal ultrasiund? It is so common that you may not be able to see it yet. Just think positive thoughts til your next scan!

Its too soon to worry yet. Implantation could have happened late so just relax. When did you ovulate according to opks? Lmp dates are assuming a cd14-15 ovulation day. So if you ovulated a day or two late and implanted a day or two late you're right on track. How have your betas been?

I know how scared you must feel :( it's possible to see a heartbeat at 5+4 sometimes, but it didnt happen with me. With dd I went in spotting at 5+4 (I knew exact date from charting and it was later confirmed) and there was nothing except a gestational sac with a vaginal ultrasound. No yolk etc. at 6+4 thre was a heartbeat but they were sure my dates were off. At 7+4 baby measured right on to my ovulation date. I know it's scary but there is no need to worry yet! Hope the next scan comes very soon!

LMP is just based on a general cycle. You could have got pregnant outside of the generalized cycled that most LMP calculators use. So the doctor could in fact be right and you are only 5 weeks along. You typically will not pick up a heartbeat under 5 1/2 - 6 weeks.

Even at 5+5 it's too early for a heart beat! Way early
Most only just see one at 6 weeks if there lucky. So atm you have nothing to be worried about. I had a scan a week ago thinking I was 6 weeks and was pit back to 5 same as you so I'm back in next week for a repeat.

Thanks ladies, I'm trying not to worry too much :(

SO my last cycle went like this: Last period started September 17.

I was using OPK and charting my symptoms because i can feel my ovulation and produce lots of mucus, etc.

So I started getting positive OPKs on Friday October 3-5. Also the pains and then cervical mucus. My OPK was negative by the Sunday evening.

Then I swore I felt implantation on October 9th....this was a serious pain on my left side that was gone after a day pretty much. Very uncomfortable. This definitely wasn't ovulation pains.

I'm just afraid :( I also had a bit of brown spotting last night now too

I'm sorry for how you are feeling! It's a scary time early on. But that's exactly what it is, early on. It's mighty early to see a heart bear. At 5weeks and 1 day all they found for me was a fetal pole and gestational sac. These things take some time. I also wouldn't worry about being a week behind until it becomes an issue- which it's not yet!

So take it easy (easier said than done).

using your dates it sounds like you ovulated around day 18 yes? If so that's 4 days different right there.

For me I ovulated on day 22. So by default we must get rid of at least a week because of my ovulating late. So by doctors standards when I went in last Tuesday, they thought I would be 7w 4d. I measured 6w 5d.

It's perfectly normal to be a few days off. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Just wait until your next scan. Also I had brown/tan spotting from 5w 5d to about 6w 1d this go around. Had it with my daughter too around same time.

As pp said you definitely ovulated later than the standard lmp calculators would put you at, so don't worry too much. You're right on track! :)

thank you ladies, I'm trying not to be SO scared but my first pregnancy was full of complications too and it just ruined me :(

Hey! Pretty much right with you, kinda, sorta, almost! As the other ladies have said it's early and not much will show on the scans atm.

I only got mg bfp Sat and then had brown spotting yesterday fight when at was due! I have pcos so I know km behind what the docs say, I have a scan Monday and I'll be 5wks I'm just praying to see something!

Hey! Pretty much right with you, kinda, sorta, almost! As the other ladies have said it's early and not much will show on the scans atm.

I only got mg bfp Sat and then had brown spotting yesterday fight when at was due! I have pcos so I know km behind what the docs say, I have a scan Monday and I'll be 5wks I'm just praying to see something!

At five weeks you will usually see a yolk sac. Don't expect to see much else hun xx

At five weeks you will usually see a yolk sac. Don't expect to see much else hun xx

Thanks hun, I figure anything is better than nothing and I'll get a follow up scan too, I had a mc in Jan so praying hard! Xx

Thanks hun, I figure anything is better than nothing and I'll get a follow up scan too, I had a mc in Jan so praying hard! Xx

Yeah ive had a few mc so I feel your pain. It's horrible waiting xx

the wait is awful! Good luck to you ladies too. I haven't heard from my dr's office yet today but hopefully I will soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->