Confused and a little bit upset, don't know what to think

Amusement I'm sorry for your losses :( really does make early pregnancy worrying! Not that it isn't already! Even though I know we won't see much I'm glad we don't have to wait too long.

Good luck to you too hun! Keep us updated and do your best to stay positive

Xx

Based on ovulation of October 5th, you would be 5+1 today (according to an online calculator). LMP is kind of useless if you don't ovulate on day 14 of a 28 day cycle. I mean not useless, but it isn't going to be correct.

I would not worry at all if I were you, I know that is hard to hear but it is just so early. I would try not to worry as much as possible.

It's so confusing :( I had 2 days of positive OPK which was confusing also.

I'm mostly worried about the spotting. This happened in my last pregnancy and drove me crazy

I'm assuming the scan was transvaginal? I think it is within the realm of normal to have spotting after a TVU.

I have had spotting (brief) with BMs, and some brown spotting for a few hours following intercourse at 8 weeks. My doctor said it was totally normal and nothing to worry about.

I know how you feel but like others have said you could of ovulated/implanted later.
our body do wacky things!!
plus measuring just the gestional sac is not reliable.
I had a scan two weeks ago,thought I was 6 weeks but sac was 5 weeks and nothinf in it
went back a week later and I had a yolk sac and the beginning of a fetal pole but my sac was still measuring 5 weeks. I go back again on monday.
I freaked out but my doctor said they are not concerned about my sac as they like to measure the baby for accurate dating and my sac can always catch up.

early scans can be horrible,I think they cause more stress and worry then answers.

stay positive :) its still eary days and you will be surprised how much changes inside within a week

I know :( I wish I hadn't had to have them but they thought I was having an ectopic and now they're worried it's not viable anyway

u may have ovulated later than u thought or... it took longer to implant, therefore taking longer to produce high enough amounts of hcg and that would also explain showing less than u thought u were from LMP. saying that though, my sister went from LMP and started spotting, she thought she was 7 weeks when she went from LMP and had a scan they placed her at 5+5 from scan, told er to go back 2 weeks later, then told her she measured 8+5 which means it all grew 3 weeks in 2 weeks if u get me so I do think the early US can be deceiving x

It's really hard... I've been there. Did they take blood to measure hcg as well ? I had the same with my dd who will be two next month so don't give up hope yet . Also , they can measure a day or two out because everything is so tiny , so that with late implantation and the egg being fertilised towards the end of it's journey can easily account for a few days difference and in these very early weeks, those days make a big difference.

Best of luck.x

I did HCG betas every 2 days for a week.

My spotting has been getting heavier so i'm preparing for the worst :(

I have an appointment tonight with my OB.

I spotted with my daughter too for 5 weeks but not like this.

I did HCG betas every 2 days for a week.

My spotting has been getting heavier so i'm preparing for the worst :(

I have an appointment tonight with my OB.

I spotted with my daughter too for 5 weeks but not like this.

Awww :hugs: keeping my fingers crossed for you hun.

Don't be upset, try to be positive! 5 weeks is early to hear a heartbeat! and if you haven't bleed or had any signs of mc than you don't have anything to worry about! :hugs: FX for you, hun.

Based on your ovulation date, it's right on track. Just try to relax, I know it's not easy. I had bright red bleeding with my first and this pregnancy. So far, so good. 1st is a 2 year old now. Worrying and stressing will only make things worse :hugs:

Oh and 5 weeks for a gestational sac only is TOTALLY normal. 100%!!!! at 5w6d we only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->