confused and frustarted

lilysmum

Reaction score
Hi im a new mum to my 4 week old dd. I have been readin on several topics and forums about when is best to start giving babies solid foods and there is loads of different opinions :sad2:

The problem is im currently living with my mum and dad who seem to think its ok to give little one liquidised foods from around 6-8 weeks, now ive told them that advised not to give until around 4-6 months as this is what most books and guides say. They said ive not to be so silly they fed me and my brother from that age im 23 and hes 13.

Now I dont know what to do because tryin to tell them different will only cause fights, can anyone give me advice as to whether or not 6-8 weeks is a bit soon, i myself think it is but dont know if im being silly cause im 1st time mum :cry::shrug:

You stick to your guns about 4-6 months as that is too young. At that age I don't even think the babies will be interested, so don't force it and remember it is your child, do what you feel is best. x

You stick to your guns about 4-6 months as that is too young. At that age I don't even think the babies will be interested, so don't force it and remember it is your child, do what you feel is best. x
I agree with this.

Do what you feel is right , its your baby hun ! and yes 6-8 weeks is too young , my parents did the same to me and when i tried it on max he got so sick poor bub they never bugged me again

Thanks guys, i think i will stick to my own insticts, the little one has enough bother with her bowels without tryin to force her foods she doesnt need.

I personally prefferd to wait to 6 months but did give a few bits from 4 months, i think you should stick to what you want to do. My partners family keep trying to give charlie biscuits and icecream etc when we visit and it does my head in as i dont want him eating those kind of things yet but i find it hard to say no i dont want him to eat that but i just let him have a little nibble i think next time i visit his family im just gonna have to say no xx

Im waiting till my bubs is 6months which is in a few weeks...my OH's family have been advising me to feed my baby from 3months...or should i say pressurising me...i put my foot down and said no!...don't get me wrong by all means they are free to feed their babys from 3months but for me personally i wanted to wait...which i did...

Goodluck hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"