Confused and need help

Clay0109

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

Sorry a bit of a long one and not really sure where to post, but I’m really confused and could use some reassurance or help.
This will be my 3rd pregnancy, the first 2 were IVF as we are “infertile”.

We don’t use contraception due to above. I had my period as normal on 11 Feb and it lasted 5 days (normal) then a week later had a bleed which lasted for about an hour, I called the doctor and made an appointment to go in on the Monday as this isn’t normal for me. Curiosity got the better of me and I took a test which came back positive!!

A few days later I started spotting (brown discharge on wiping.....sorry tmi), I told my doctor they took bloods (hcg 1900) and they arranged an appointment at the epu for a dating scan for 23 Feb as the test was taken just after my period and was a solid positive, on the internal scan they saw a tiny tiny sac but no yolk, they took bloods and my hcg levels where dropping (1450) they told me I was having a miscarriage....devastated!

I was having all the normal symptoms of pregnancy but they said they have to monitor me to make sure the levels continue to drop so arranged more bloods, bloods taken on 25 Feb and hcg is on the rise (1999).

I started bleeding on 4 March, like a period but lighter than normal and no clots.

Epu booked me in for another internal scan on 7 march and nothing was found, the scan was done incredibly fast..I’m surprised she actually found my uterus in the time it took her to do the scan, anyway more bloods taken and levels have risen again (2090). The epu passed me onto the consultant at the unit who said that he’s decided to give me the methotrexate injection (to get rid of the “pregnancy”) I’m really not comfortable with as they are going off the last scan and said themselves they are unsure what’s going on. I have asked for another scan / second opinion which is booked for 14 March.

I’m really confused and really scared! has anyone else been though similar and had a healthy pregnancy??

Thanks

Last edited:
I don't have advice, but definitely get another opinion before taking it!!

Exactly the same happened to me on my first baby, I had bleeding at around 4 or 5 weeks so got scanned and bloods drawn, the sac showed up as empty, with a out of shape blob inside not looking like much, my hcg also stopped over the course of a few days and they said to expect a miscarriage, I never went back for more bloods because I didn't see the point as I lost the baby, 2 weeks later still no more bleeding and didn't feel right so went back to the hospital worrying the miscarriage was making me ill and sure enough, scan showed a baby with a heartbeat, and hcg had SOARED, pregnancy was very much viable. The o my explanation they could give me was I had lost a twin, or my hcg just stopped and boomed 2 weeks later, my daughter is a healthy 7 year old and I wonder every day if she was meant to be a twin.

I hope you get some answers it's a horrible situation to be in

Definitely get a second opinion, but it sounds like it could also be ectopic in which you don’t want to play around with. So make sure you ask your questions and get them answered!

Update:

I went to my appointment today and it is a miscarriage and hcg is dropped to 500.

On the up side we can actually get pregnant without intervention!! (IVF), so we’ll try again in a few months

Thanks for your advice guys, fingers crossed for baby #3 soon
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"