Confused and seeking Advice

CutenessANR

Reaction score
Hello group. It's been a while since i posted, but i am hoping for some help. I am in the two week wait and this will be my second child. My husband and I want one more child very much, but since having my first, I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I am not even sure if I can get pregnant... and if I cant it will break my heart. But then on the other hand, my first delivery went badly... I ended up with 60 stitches... and I am terrified of either going through that again or having to schedule a c-section... I am just so confused and scared about everything and i desperately need someone to talk to...

I guess I am asking for a little support or advice from others who were afraid of a second delivery or maybe pregnancy with PCOS?

Hi Cuteness,

While I don't have PCOS, I did have a bad delivery and I'm scared of having another c-section. My DD is 18 months and my husband and I just started trying for #2. With DD, I had to be induced at 38 weeks due to preeclampsia. The first half of the induction went well, but then labor stalled and they had to use pitocin. They talked me into getting an epidural when I was still in labor, which I didn't want to do, but agreed only to have it fail, so it was completely useless. My daughter didn't take well to the pitocin and anytime they started it, her heart rate would decel rapidly, so they would stop, then I wouldn't progress. They did this several times until she got too distressed and we had to do an emergency c. I have anxiety and am claustrophobic, so paralyzing me from the waist down and strapping me to a table is practically my worst nightmare. I didn't think I would freak out, but I did. I felt like I couldn't breath at all and was going to die. The anesthesiologist said he could give me something, but it might make me fall asleep, so I refused. I didn't want to miss the birth of my daughter. Well I freaked out too much so he overrode my decision and gave me some sort of sedative anyway. I could barely keep my eyes open when they brought her over for me to see. Then they wouldn't let me hold her until I could wiggle my big toe (I had a spinal block) which took a good 2 hours. All in all, it was an awful experience, not what I had wanted at all. So now, I'm terrified of having to have another c. The hospital closest to me won't even do v-bacs, so I'll need to go to a hospital an hour away. I know even if I try for a v-bac, there's a very good chance it will end in c anyway, so that's scary. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in that!

thank you so much for replying... I knew i couldnt be the only one... My Dr was in such a hurry... she had me start pushing before i got to 10 cm and i got 4 pushes in 6 minutes before she pulled him out with forceps... i got 60 stitches and the healing process was excruciating... I am absolutely terrified to go through that again.. and this time i will have a toddler to care for so I wont be able to be still as much as i was before. My son is 19 months old and we just started trying for baby 2 this cycle.

Hi ladies I'm not sure where ur based, but in the UK you can have a meeting with a supervisor of midwives as you get further into your pregnancy at your hospital of choice, almost like debrief, where they talk through your last delivery and help you make sense of what happened and why. They can also help you to make a plan for the next delivery. Women I've looked after have really benefited from these meetings after a traumatic or distressing delivery. X

I've never heard of that.. I am in the US, so we probably dont have that option since our healthcare sucks compared to the majority of the world...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->