Confused and worried about pregnancy tests....

Nursenikki112

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a history of Chemical pregnancies, ectopic and miscarriages. I have had two live births but my youngest is 8 so it has been a while.
I believe I ovulated on or around 11/13/2014. This past Monday, I decided to test after a missed period and tender breasts. The early test came back positive.
image.jpg

I took a dollar store pregnancy test today (Wednesday) and it barely came up positive. Well I mean it's there, I just expected it would be darker. Especially because yesterday the 2-3 week came up on the digital. I'm worried my HCG is falling. Someone talk me through this...

I'll attach the pic in a comment.

Dollar store tests take forever to get dark in my experience

Ok it did get darker but took about 30 minutes. I'm just so scared my #s are falling. Im out of town on business right now and can't even get my HCG drawn if I wanted to. :'(
image.jpg

Really? I hear the women rave about how amazing Dollar Store tests are. It made me even more worried.

The dollar store tests in my experience take about 15-30 minutes to finish developing. I think it looks good.

I've used internet cheapy tests and the lines are always very faint and never went dark for me given though I was definitely pregnant.

I just think the dollar ones arnt always as reliable. I got some cheap Internet ones that apparently had a lower detection amount ie earlier results and they were bearly showing so did a few, if it wasn't for the fact 4 had exactly the same looking lines in exactly the same places I'd have sworn they were evap lines but first response came straight up 2-3 weeks.
I'd always relied on cheeper tests but Defo won't in the future

I understand your worry, but your test looks great! Try to relax. My hcg was well over 2000 and the dollar store test was still not that dark.

I LOVE the dollar store tests. I just learned to wait much longer than it actually said.

I am so glad I heard that you girls had some trouble with dollar store tests too. There is an undeniable line it just took FOREVER!!!! That really should be looked into by the manufacture. If I didn't know better, I would have thrown out the test after 3 minutes because it looked completely negative. that is so misleading. Especially woman that just follow the direction, are not OCD and not praying to see a line. They would throw it right out! :nope:

This is my dollar store positive I got if it helps you! It was definitely a correct positive as I'm over 12 weeks along now. :)

Attachments

• 2014-10-09 06.11.50.jpg
    2014-10-09 06.11.50.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 6
Also keep in mind that different tests have different sensitivities, there is even some variation in sensitivities between the same brand of test. The clear blue could be more sensitive than the dollar store causing the difference between the results. Also, to reinforce what some of the other ladies have said - I took a dollar store test when I almost 6 weeks along (and after getting a VERY strong positive on a frer) and it was very light. I'm now almost 10 weeks along with no issues. Wishing you all the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->