Confused.com!! Please help me ladies

jms895

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

If you dont know me I am Jade and been a member on here quite a bit. I have Caine (15 months) and am pg with no.2.
So have been using disposables with Caine but have decided to try cloth. We were gonna do it with Caine but sort of chickened out due to fears of pooh everywhere and excess washing but I am sick of seeing gorgeous fluffy bums on FB and here and people saying how great these nappies are......... so I am now jealous and need to start :D I dont want to go mad as part of doing it will be saving money etc for baby no.2....

Anyway, a lady at work has started her own natural parenting co and has given me some freebies to try :D Bless her.... though I am totally confused with what I am doing and have already died a white one green :dohh:

Have washed them all 3 times to start off and have a variety of stuff fom Bamboozle, tots bots, mothereaze etc.... Got nappies and wraps, All in one (one of), folding nappies, fleece and material liners, disposable lines, boosters etc...

Please could someone advise me on best makes for performance and value for money.... ie. Am i better getting AIOs? What shall I use overnight?

Recommend any good sites?

Advice on washing? I have used 3 nappiues up to yet one has leaked and 2 have been poohed in :( straight away!

Anyway I really want to do this and need to get over all this fear and panic over not doing it right :rofl:

Please help anyone :flower:

Your in nottingham honey - me too! i can help if you like!

BTW consider the poop in cloth a complement to the nappy! :)

I'd be happy to look through what you've been given and give you a hand getting your head round it all

Thanks :D Thats really kind of you, I am so confused lol and really want to do this!

Can you recommend any sites in the meantime and good makes?

Are you available any evening later in the week or weekend? xx

LO in bed by 7pm, where in notts are you? PM me if you prefer.

Youtube has some instructional videos, there was a thread recently on shops,

https://www.babyandbump.com/natural-parenting/348518-best-place-buy-cloth.html

as for brands it's probably best to look into what you have and see what you like before investing further.

Wish Caine would go to bed at 7 :rofl:
OK thanks, at the moment I am using 1 or 2 cloth a day whilst I have a few days off work and trying to see what I like. To be honest I think i liked the AIO as it was so easy!! But there are some other lovely ones too. A mothereaze one leaked right through yesterday :(
Thanks for your help hun xx

if your off at the mo, i can help u during the day.

did you use a wrap with the motherease?

the all in ones i use are the bumgenius organic they're fab, but as they are natural fibres they do require a good few pre washes.

Yes I used a wrap too, maybe I needed more lining inside?

I am off tomorrow but need to finish my assignment so its not really good for me :(

Would you say all in ones are best for convenience, value etc? xx

Thanks again

the downside to all in ones is that you have to change he whole nappy - which can make it more expensive. they are easy, don't get me wrong, but you need quiet a few.

theres not harm in trying something like the flip, they are a cover and insert rather than a cover and nappy (i hated that the whole nappy would get soaked) they work out much cheaper and can give you a headstart, in going full time cloth.

also bare in mind that you LO on the way might not fit in birth to potty nappies until they're 10lb+.

sorry if it's garbled, i'm tired.

Thanks! Could you give me a link to more info on the Flip? xx

https://www.babipur.co.uk/shop/m17/Bum_Genius/p3959/Flip_Nappy_Mixed_Trial_Pack/product_info.html

^^ info on the flip, i've linked to a trial pack

Ohh Jade, welcome to the fluffy side! :rofl:

Ok, first off, Fluff is better the prettier it is! :haha: I'm a sucker for pretty fluff!

If you want to think about value for money then I would think about buying BTP (Birth to Potty) as they will do your baby right up until potty training. Issy bears (my fave) Blueberrys, Bum Genius all do BTP nappies. As said above, your little LO (when here) might not fit straightaway into a BTP so I'd stick with what you have for the first few months.
I alsp prefer AIO (all in ones) or Pockets, these you just chuck the whole nappy in the pail and use a new one,,,saves faffing!
Okm best sites...Cheeks & Cherries:thumbup:

Best brands, well that depends on who you are talking to but Bum genius are a must, fab all round bomb proof nappies:thumbup:

Thanks both :D

Am still testing these ones but I have seen alot of bumgenius about so thats prob a defo. Also a few people recomended Bamboozles.

Love the look of Blueberries (expensive!) and Ittis I can see how it gets addictive and you can spend a fortune, but that for me is going against my reasons for doing it :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->