Confused. EWCM & OPK Contradict each other?

BabiesOneDay

Reaction score
I suppose this is the right place for this. I've been tracking my OV for months on an app on my phone. Then I had to wipe my phone clean. So... all data lost.. had to start over. :( My cycle length can vary a couple days here and there. It used to be every 28 on the dot. I recall the last two being aroundd 27/28 days. AF was 10/3 so based on 28 days, OV would be 10/17. I used an OPK 10/12 bc my boobs were hurting (normal for me around OV) and it was so negative that the test line looked like an evap line on a preg test lol. Then the next dday, 10/13- a gush of ewcm when I went to the loo. What the heck? I thought ewcm signaled imminent OV was impending. But a negative OPK the day before meant OV was at least 3 days away. I'm confused. Does ewcm not mean OV that day?

I often see a gush of EWCM just before AF. It often is a sign of estrogen rising. You also could be having a long cycle out of the blue. I'm dealing with that right now. I hope you get some clarity soon.

I usually get EWCM a few days before I ovulate, then by the time I get my +ve OPK it is drying up, gone completely by Ovulation day.

I'd consider yourself fertile, if you've got EWCM it's likely ovulation is close and the sperm can survive in fertile CM for several days.

I'd agree with the above. I always get ewcm starting cd 10 and it often lasts a quite a few days before I get OV pains.
So yeah, sounding like you're gearing up to something.

I also sometimes get it just before AF, so it doesn't always have to be about OV. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->