Confused! Implantation Bleeding?

clairey_fairy

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been TTC #2 for 4 months and this last cycle has me baffled. I am really hoping you ladies can help me understand what's going on. I never went through any of this the first time round as I was lucky enough to conceive straight away.

This cycle my OPKs told me I ovulated on CD12. Then on CD19 I started what I thought was my period. I had implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy and it was just spotting and brown in colour (sorry if TMI). This time I chalked it up as a period and thought I'd had a short cycle as the bleeding was red, heavy enough to use tampons and there was some light cramping. My periods usually are quite heavy but only last 2 days. This lasted for four days and was lighter than I usually experience.

Anyway I thought I was out so on the 10th day after this "period" started I got my OPKs out again and tested. What I hadn't realised was the box had a free HCG in it and that's what I peed on and it came up with a BFP.

I was absolutely gob-smacked as I honestly thought that cycle had not worked and I was onto the next. In fact I didn't believe it so I have POAS for the last 4 days and every day the test is positive. I even bought a CB Digital which told me last night I was 2-3 weeks.

The problem is I'm worried as the bleeding I had was much heavier than I would expect implantation bleeding to be. And also with my last pregnancy I knew straight away as I had loads of twinges and pinches from about 9DPO. This time I would be 18dpo and I've felt nothing.

Could this have been a chemical pregnancy or could it really have worked?

Sorry I know that's a long post. This is driving me nuts! I don't know whether to be excited or not?!

I know none of you can tell me anything for certain. But I just wanted to talk to other people about it as it's driving me mad....and my husbands lets just wait and see attitude is infuriating!

Claire X

I've read tonnes of posts about IB, some women have brown stuff for a day while some have bright red flows for a couple of days.

I wouldn't worry, won't do you any good but i get that its far easier said than done :(

Get yourself to the docs for blood tests, hopefully that will show all is progressing as it should be :)

Congrats on the BFP and wishing you a H&H 9 months x

Wow! I'm so jealous, I wish my weirdo + OPK I got last month was accidentally an HPT! My last two periods were really short at 2 days instead of the usual 5... but :bfn: on HPTs :cry:

That's great news for you! Congrats :happydance:

Hello All,

I've been TTC #2 for 4 months and this last cycle has me baffled. I am really hoping you ladies can help me understand what's going on. I never went through any of this the first time round as I was lucky enough to conceive straight away.

This cycle my OPKs told me I ovulated on CD12. Then on CD19 I started what I thought was my period. I had implantation bleeding with my first pregnancy and it was just spotting and brown in colour (sorry if TMI). This time I chalked it up as a period and thought I'd had a short cycle as the bleeding was red, heavy enough to use tampons and there was some light cramping. My periods usually are quite heavy but only last 2 days. This lasted for four days and was lighter than I usually experience.

Anyway I thought I was out so on the 10th day after this "period" started I got my OPKs out again and tested. What I hadn't realised was the box had a free HCG in it and that's what I peed on and it came up with a BFP.

I was absolutely gob-smacked as I honestly thought that cycle had not worked and I was onto the next. In fact I didn't believe it so I have POAS for the last 4 days and every day the test is positive. I even bought a CB Digital which told me last night I was 2-3 weeks.

The problem is I'm worried as the bleeding I had was much heavier than I would expect implantation bleeding to be. And also with my last pregnancy I knew straight away as I had loads of twinges and pinches from about 9DPO. This time I would be 18dpo and I've felt nothing.

Could this have been a chemical pregnancy or could it really have worked?

Sorry I know that's a long post. This is driving me nuts! I don't know whether to be excited or not?!

I know none of you can tell me anything for certain. But I just wanted to talk to other people about it as it's driving me mad....and my husbands lets just wait and see attitude is infuriating!

Claire X

Congrats to you!! :) :baby:

If the bleeding has stopped, I would get some cheapies or dollar store brand and use one each day. With my dtr I got very light bleeding on the day my period was to arrive, which was 4 days after my positive digital and 2 days after very positive blood work. I called the Dr as I was terrified I was having a MC. They said if it has stopped then there shouldn't be anything to worry about especially if it is light. Also they wanted to know if I had pain associated with it. Everything turned out fine and she is a happy and healthy 18 month old! What I did to ease my nerves is got several of the cheapies and just watched them get darker each day. This kept me sane in knowing my levels were doubling :) I think you are ok given that the DIGI said pregnant :hugs:

Very happy for you and GOOD LUCK!

Thank you so much for your positive words. I think I'm just a bit scared to get excited. I will def keep peeing on those sticks to keep myself assured. The digi came in a pack of 2, so I'm going to try and save the other for a week's time and see what it says then. I guess that should be a good indicator especially if the number of weeks indicator has increased.

Thanks again for your reassurance and good luck to you all xx

Sticky dust to you! :dust:

No more bleeding since then right?

I would most definitely get blood work done. That will tell you ASAP :)

Thanks. Nope no more bleeding since.

I do already have a docs appointment for something unrealted on Monday so will ask then about a blood test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->