Confused on how far along I am

Ajangel25

Reaction score
Hello! I got my first BFP yesterday at 10dpo and I'm 11dpo today. I'm really confused because online if I put in my ovulation date (I temp and do OPKs) it's saying I'm a little over 3 weeks. But isn't 11 days not even 2 weeks? I'm so confused!

Pregnancy is dated from the last menstrual period usually. So it would be estimating that your LMP was just over 3 weeks ago. This had to be done in the "old days" as that was a solid date to use, most women know when their last period was.

I thought the same thing!! if you read week 1, it says something like:
your period has just ended and theres no egg in sight, your uterus is getting ready for your egg...
The 1st 2 weeks are the weeks before ovulation, I'm not sure if you ovulate at the end of week 2 or the beginning of week 3, but the count down starts at the end of your last period

You count from your 1st day of last period. You should be 4w+5 based on your chart. Best wishes!!

Also be prepared to be told you are further along also, because of your longer cycle. My Last menstrual period was October the second and my GP went from that even though I know when I ovulated. An early scan corrected this.

Wow that's crazy, thank you so much for clarifying ladies! That's kinda cool I'm further than I thought. So when they do dating ultrasounds, will it equal to 2 weeks prior to ovulation still? The nurse told me to make an appt the last week in December for my first ultrasound. So will I really be a little over 6 weeks then? (Will the dating ultrasound show 6 weeks too- basing off 2 weeks prior to O?)

I use a due date calculator knowing the exact date I ovulated as the input, much more accurate than guessing using the lmp and you'll find it mist likely coincides with any future scan measurements however that said, your mw is likely to go off your lmp because it's a pretty standard place to start with dating

The doctor's office does calculate it off LMP... I called for betas after I got my BFP and had them done at 10DPO. The office called me at 14DPO and the nurse was asking me if I'm spotting because my HCG was 24 and too low. I was supposed to O on 11/11 but didn't O until 11/17. They assumed I was six days further than I was. I was pretty much terrified the entire day until my second betas came in with a result they were satisfied with.

I had the same with my betas. I had a scan last week at "9+4" but was actually 6+3 which was about right for when I ovulated, I always get early dating scans.

I just wish sometimes the OB office was a little more sensitive... I know they see pregnant women all day every day but to each and every one their LO is special... I just went through cryotherapy and O'ed a week later and was over the moon to get my BFP... Nurse's, "Are you bleeding yet?" and "The second beta is good considering where we started."

Well I just got my beta drawn, I should get the results tomorrow. Good to know then that it might be lower than what they are expecting since my cycles are longer! Well that's pretty cool I'm about 4 weeks.. Yay!

So when they say your second trimester starts at 12 weeks, is that gestational weeks or pregnancy weeks?

Yay! Looking forward to your betas! The trimesters are in pregnancy weeks

So my beta was 31, I'll get it redrawn Saturday. Is this an ok level for 11dpo?

My progesterone was low at 9.4 so they're gonna start me on progesterone!

You're totally fine for 11DPO. Mine was 24 at 10DPO. The progression matters more than the first number. Yay! I'm sorry about low progesterone.

Mrs B- thank you!! I went for another blood draw yesterday so I'll find out if my numbers doubled tomorrow. I took another test on a FRER today and it was as dark as control (a few days ago it was lighter) so I'm thinking/hoping that means my levels increased!

Yes, darker lines are good! Thinking positive for you! Looking forward to an update!

Thank you so much mrs mb I appreciate it! The nurse called it went to 224 in 72 hours and my progesterone went from 9 to 18 on the progesterone suppositories so I'm thrilled! I still don't even have sore boobs though.. So weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->