• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

confused with pumping schedule

MissPolley

Mum of one
Reaction score
can someone help me, i feel like i have no idea when to pump x:wacko:

i have a few questions bout pumping; when is the best time to pump and how often should i pump, should i combine a days milk together or freeze separately?

Pump every 2 to 3 hours. You can combine breasts when you freeze from one session, but don't combine different sessions.

I was told I can combine all my milk from one day... But not to mix milk from different days into one feed?

I combine a days milk and then freeze it in portion sizes depending on how many ounces he is drinking per feed.

Are you EPing? If so you shoukd express every 2-3hours for 15-20 minutes, preferably both breasts at the same time. Then hand express after pumping to make sure the breast is drained.

If you are expressing on top of nursing then express for 10 minutes after each feed or express one breaat whilst baby nurses on the other.

It is also a good idea to express once between 1am-5am as that is when your milk production is at its highest.

I find I express the most first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I get 4-6 oz at these times and only 2-3 oz during sessions in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->