Confused

sammiwry

Single mummy to Madden <3
Reaction score
I know someone who is married and I have obviously wrongly assumed quite happy in the marriage with a 9yo daughter. I know the wife and the daughter very well.

They are both in professions that are highly demanding and were in the market for a PA of which they offered me the work if I'd like it so I can work less at Tesco and spend more time with Madden and have more flexibility while at college.

So far working for them has been going really well, I've got no complaints on that front, my phone bill is paid for even though I make minimal phone calls on there behalf it's normally people calling me so most of the phone usage is personal, I get every other tank of petrol paid for as I need to drive to there's a minimum of once a week again I cannot complain at that.

What I am confused about is a conversation I had the other week while in the "office" I was talking to the husband about the wife's up and coming work commitments, what I had arranged for the daughter in terms of days out and things (I often take her out where I can as she gets on well with Madden) and the husband replied about one day, well you don't have Madden that day do you and J is at her nans why don't me and you go away for the night as a treat. I was quite taken aback as this date falls right in the middle of his wife's most important time with work and I had assumed he would be supporting her. When I questioned it, I got the reply I know that K does things while away and she knows I do, it's a case of what happens when away stays when away.

I just don't understand how people can live in a relationship like that? I have to admit I've found working for them slightly difficult this week as it's made me question why was I given the job, was it purely because he would like to get me into bed, or is it because they believe I can do the job well for them? I can't afford to quit working for them as I stupidly dropped my hours at Tesco as I was unhappy and I just cannot afford to live off of 16 hours a week :(

Fair enough if they want to live like that but for him to proposition you like that was totally inappropriate and unprofessional. I would tell him not to mention anything like that again or you'll be force to leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->