Confused....

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Cinderella, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Cinderella

Cinderella Pregnant with number 1

I've been lurking for quite a while now but feel just about ready to actually become more active as we're now officially, actively trying to conceive. I just have a few questions if no one minds.
    I'm pretty sure i've been pregnant twice before, purely because my periods for the past 13 years have always been very regular and follow a very specific pattern and both times I was late by more than two weeks, had some spotting and cramping that didn't turn into af and then eventually had a heavy period that was much more painful than before...plus, my partner works away a lot and this lateness etc. usually follows a time when he has been home and we've actively been trying. I never tested those two times as I was just hoping it would become obvious when I missed a further period. So was I really pregnant and miscarried two times? Or am I just deluding myself?

I think it's happening again though, my partner was home for a week last week at the tail end of the time I would be ovulating, I'm now three days late for my period and am having period type pains and discharge that just hasn't lead to af. I don't know whether to test yet or whether to wait for the inevitable...or whether i'm actually pregnant?? I hate this!

2. Carlena

Carlena Well-Known Member

i would test if your 3 days late it would be a good time to test but you can wait if you like

3. bebe

bebe Well-Known Member

I would definitely :test:

4. lisalove

lisalove Well-Known Member

You just asked a group of POAS addicts if you should test.... do you really need the answer?

:test::test::test::test::test::test::test: :rofl:

In all seriousness, it does sound possible that you had previous mc, but I really cant say for sure. Its worth testing, because if you do get a :bfp: and it doesnt stick, perhaps you should be talking to your GP to see if there is something which needs to be looked at.

All the best & welcome to BnB :hug:

5. Tracy B

Tracy B Well-Known Member

Test !!!!!!

6. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Mum of 2

If you only ovulated late last week i think this week would be early for af to show up? Most people have at least 10 days between ovulating and af appearing. A preg test might show up now. Good luck :)

7. Reedy

Reedy Outnumbered x

Personally I dont no how you've managed to wait 3 days :rofl:

:test::test::test::test:

Good Luck & welcome to BnB x

8. Cinderella

Haha... thanks. I guess i'm a wait and see kind of person. Also, I think I would be devestated if I actually was pregnant and it didn't stick... ignorance is bliss! But then we've only been trying for 8 months. Ok, I'm going to test.

9. minnie

minnie Well-Known Member

Oh let us know please, good luck

10. Sambatiki

Sambatiki Finally a Mummy!!

:test: :test: :test: :test: :test:

WELCOME TO BNB! May your journey on the TTC boards be short and sweet!!

11. Cinderella

So I tested and got a very clear digital 'not pregnant'. Which four days late I have to admit stung a little! It's the first time i've ever tested though and it's kind of spurred me on if you like to take this a little more seriously. It's just a little difficult as I'm in Florida and he's in London and I only see him every six weeks for the next year. I don't think there's much point charting until we're both back in the same continent which isn't until next September....oh well, if I AF soon, I should be ovulating when he next visits.

Thanks for the help though girls!

12. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

Glad to know someone else has gone through what I have recently. I also wondering if something just isn't sticking for me. I normally have a LP of 10-12 days, but 2x since TTC (including this last c), the LP was 17 days. The :witch: that followed was strange... heavy ealier than usual (heavy on first day, and way more painful than usual). Last nite, cd 1, I thought I would keel over from the AF pain... SOOOOO not like me. Unlike you, I tested both times and always got :bfn:. I wonder if the horomones aren't working right to keep a pg sustained. I'm going to see the doc soon and see what he thinks about it.

Think about charting before you and OH are together just so you have a really good history of what is "normal" for you. That way when you guys are really trying all the time you will be well armed with good knowledge! :)