• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Confusing ovulation sticks

RachelLynda

TTC baby #3
Reaction score
I've been trying for baby number 2 since Jan. I used ovulation sticks the first month just to see if I was ovulating and I got a positive.
I decided to use them again this month because my ovulation pains didn't match up with the length of my cycle (30-31 days)

I don't know how to add pictures but
Cycle day 20 - almost positive (bit late but assumed it was from the vitamins I started this month)
Cycle day 21 - negative. Not even a hint of a line
Cycle day 22 - line but not dark
Cycle day 23 (today) - almost positive again.
😑

Just to double check - are you testing around the same time after a good hold?

It could be that your body was gearing up to O but didn't release the egg yet. If you're almost positive again it might be worth testing again in the evening to not miss your surge.

I test every morning. I drink too much water during the day so my wee is so diluted.
I'll test again though! X

Make sure your OPKs say to test in the morning. A lot of the tests prefer you test in the afternoon since it tends to be better to catch LH. There are OPKs that specifically say to test in the morning, though.

Are you temping to confirm O or just using the tests?

FX you catch that eggy!

Mine just say results may vary given the time of day. ��*♀️
I'm just using sticks atm, you've got to take your temp at the same time and my other half gets up different times in the morning for work so I'm always up at different times.
I think I'm ovulating atm as I'm getting pains and my tests seem darker, it'll be a long cycle for me this month ��

If you're using FMU on the OPKs it might be why it looks like you're gearing up and nothing happens. A lot of what I read is that if your test specifically asks for FMU, it's best to test in the afternoon.

If you're ever unsure about the test (whether it's pos or not) feel free to post it!

FX and :dust:

I've got a close to positive one, I think two days ago and now it's gone light again so I'm thinking I ovulated that day and the one before geared up and nothing happened. If not I've ovulated twice this month 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->