confusing weeks

Nina83

Cherry Garcia
Reaction score
I'm 12 dpo, got my BFP yesterday, all online calculators say I'm 3+1 weeks?!
How can that be, aren't I supposed to be 4+1? What am I missing?!

Week 4 starts at 14dpo as far as I know. 3+1 doesn't sound right. You should be around 3+5. I don't think a few days make that much of a difference though, don't worry too much :)

I'm just trying to figure out when I should make my first dr appointment, I don't want to be 5+6 when I think I'm 6+5...

It dates from your last period not your ovulation date, docs will date by lmp until first scan :)

I thibk it's just a matter of how you count…
The 3+1 starts counting after the first week instead if the very begining.
I can't remember how I counted last time.

Why are you "supposed" to be 4+1? Online calculators use your LMP

Depends on whether you tracked your ovulation or not. Doctor will date you by LMP in most cases.

I agree with PP, 14 DPO is 4 weeks so you're 3+5. Congrats on your BFP!!!

I'd say you are 3+5 also. Although it may all change at your first scan!

If you know when you ovulated and it's now 12 days later, then you're 3+5.

Doctors (and online calculators) use the day of your last period to start counting but they assume that every woman ovulates exactly 14 days after her period. Obviously that's not the case for lots of women so if you ovulated sooner (as seems to be the case for you) or later, then your doctor's/calculator dates will be slightly off. If you use a calculator that uses your conception date rather than LMP, then you'll get 3+5.

I temp and use opks so I know for sure which day I ovulated. So when asked for my LMP, I just tell them two weeks before that.

Bleeeeeh. I'm so confused right now!
Last AF was on Feb 26th. I count that as the beginning of week 1, right? So I should be 4+2 now.
Pregnancy brain just hit.

If the first day of your last period was feb 26th then your only 9dpo and 3+2 weeks?

Going by af on 26th Feb ur 3+2 and this is what ur doc will go by (if ur in the uk) until ur dating scan at 12 weeks. If u know u ovd on day 11 that would still make u 3+5.

But like I say in the uk they purely work by last lmp until u have a dating scan to correctly date ur pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->