Confusion over EWCM

Eve36

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm a bit confused :wacko:

My cycle is normally 30 days and so I don't even think about starting OPK testing until day 11. Last month I got a +OPK on day 16, so must have ovulated around day 17.
This month however I have been having EWCM since day 9.
I am starting OPKtesting today but am now worried I may have missed the boat?

Has anyone got any thoughts / experience of this situation? :shrug: Or am I worrying about nothing!

I say go ahead as POAS (opk) as the follicular phase can vary apparently.

I get at 5 days+ of EWCM before I ov, so I don't think you have anything to worry about - unless there's something wrong with ME TOO LOL

I say go ahead as POAS (opk) as the follicular phase can vary apparently.

I get at 5 days+ of EWCM before I ov, so I don't think you have anything to worry about - unless there's something wrong with ME TOO LOL

Thanks NorthStar - hoping I haven't left it too late!! :(

Get some IC opks next month and then you can test away merrily without it costing you a fortune?

I get cramps so I always know a few hours before it's happening, but the opk helps too.

Hi Eve36,

Apparently the follicular phase can differ but the luteal phase should always be the same. I did an OPK for a couple of months and never got a darker line but got a dark line around day 16 of a 25-30 day cycle. I took it as red that I must generally ovulate around this time every month but then when I started to keep an eye on cm I noticed that I was hving ewcm from around day 9 too. This would explain my differing cycle lengths and must mean I ovulate at different das each month. Apparently you can produce fertile mucus for a few days prior to ovulation too. personally I try to DTD as much as possible between day 8 and day 18 just so I don't miss that window. Hope this helps:flower:

Am in the same boat eve! Day 9 today and loads of EWCM and I didn't think I would O til day14-17. I did an OPK and it came up neg so am hoping it will stay that way for a bit. I did browse some charts on FF and found quite a few that had EWCM 5 or so days before O so it should be OK :hugs:

EWCM starts for me about 1 week before ovulation.
You're normal and haven't missed O!!!

Wow - thanks for all the replies ladies. :happydance::flower:

I'm sorry I haven't been back sooner to read your responses and say thanks, I've had one heck of a week.

I've been in the process of moving house, and having to clean top to bottom my old house as we have tennants moving in tomorrow. Add to that I've had a serious workload at work, a series of meetings with our MD and CEO and now I have an interview tomorrow in front of a panel for which I have to prepare a 30 min presentation! :wacko:

With all that in mind I'm sorry to say DH and I have missed our window this month. The ewcm has gone and I didn't even start testing OPK. I felt as though I had too much on my plate already to deal with, without adding the stress of 'am I ovulating, when am I ovulating, what if I don't ovulate' and then getting into some BDing.

Interested to know if anyone else finds it hard to switch off from their daily grind when in the bedroom. Sometimes I feel fried by the time we're in bed and the last thing I feel like doing is :sex:

I feel sad that I have missed this month, I had hoped, based on previous cycles, that all the moving and work stuff would be out the way by Ov day. It just wasn't the right month for us so upwards and onwards to August!

Thanks again everyone! Love having you guys to talk to. :thumbup:

Wow Eve36 it sounds like you have had a lot on your plate!! Take some time to relax next month and hopefully you will be more in the mood to DTD. Good luck and hope the house move went ok:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->