Connecta Carrier

JadeyB

Mummy of 2 (1 Angel baby)
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking at getting a baby carrier. Not only for out and about, but also for pottering round the house when LO won't settle.

Going through a bit of a stage at the mo where although he is settling at night he just wants to be held all day. I wouldn't mind but i'm stuggling to find time to eat at the mo!! Still not had my lunch yet today!!

A friend of mine recommended the connecta baby carrier and it sounds like a good option for me.

Anyone got any recommendations?

xx

I Love my connecta, though i dont think it would be great for front carrying if by yourself as it needs another person to fasten the buckles for you.
A Moby is great for a young baby :D

I Love my connecta, though i dont think it would be great for front carrying if by yourself as it needs another person to fasten the buckles for you.

Oooh I'd not thought of that!! I'm a bit worried about the tieing part of a moby. What if I didn't fasten it tight enough or did it wrong?!

Is it foolproof?

x

Its stretchy, if you fasten it tight-ish then itll stretch over :) The more you use it, the more you get to know how much give to leave.

I love my connecta, I used it for front carrys for LO when he was small. I did it on my own too x

(cheeky plug - I have one for sale - its a seconds cos they stitched the fabric upside down, but all works fab. It doesn't look bad either pm if you are interested - £30)

I have a connecta and I've always fastened the buckles by myself, but I second the moby being brilliant fo LO's

How do you manage it? Do you cross the straps over to stop then falling off?

can I jump in - if you were given the choice of the connecta or moby, which would you go for?

can I jump in - if you were given the choice of the connecta or moby, which would you go for?

Good question - I really want to order one so that it arrives soon but I can't decide - aaaaggggghhhhh!! :haha: x

Ohhh thats a hard one! The Moby i found great up till 5 months, but then baby was too heavy for the stretchy material and a connecta was perfect!

I am seriously contemplating a Connecta and choosing my own material

Look fab!

Worried about fastening it though. Eeek too many decisions!

Ohhh thats a hard one! The Moby i found great up till 5 months, but then baby was too heavy for the stretchy material and a connecta was perfect!

Yeah (sorry am gatecrashing again), that's my concern and the Connecta looks more rigid

The connecta does come with a strap to make it suitable for smaller babies aswell, i think minimum age is 10 weeks

I have a Connecta and I've never had a problem fastening it myself for a front carry. I've never done a back carry, though, and can see how that would probably need another pair of hands.

I didn't get mine till Adam was about 8 months old, had a Close Parent sling (ring/wrap hybrid) before, which was only really good till he was about 5-6 months as the fabric is stretchy and it didn't feel secure.

:lol: How do you do it? I am terrified I'd drop Adam out of it. Also that he'd spend the time pulling my hair...

I bend over and hold him with one arm whilst fixing a strap with the other, then swap arms.

How do you do the front :lol:

I do it up round my waist, sit him in, prise the clips from his hands (he LOVES them), then holding him with one hand, take one strap in the other, pull it over his shoulder, and over mine, then kind of throw it round and grab it and clip it in. The clips have to be really loosened from where they'd be when I tighten them or it's too tight to manage. Then do the same with the other strap. Then pull as tight as I can, stand up and heft him up and tighten again. :D

Do you cross them over your back or have them like a rucksack?

Cross over. When I throw the strap over I aim it at the other side. Hmmm. I might make a little video to demonstrate... shame Adam is asleep in bed :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->