Connor David~ May 19, 2009

Reaction score
Connor David was born May 19, 2009 at 8:06am. :cloud9::cloud9: He weighed a tiny 6 lbs 13 oz and was 19 1/4 inches long. It all started on May 17 when I went in that evening with contractions ( like I posted about) and when I woke up the next morning, I was still having them about every 10 minutes apart. Well, I called Mark and said I thought things were starting to pick up and that he needed to come home to be with me for when things got more intense so we could go to the hospital. He came home around 11am and we ate lunch, then I suddenly got this huge urge to clean. Nesting had begun!!! haha! I started cleaning EVERYTHING!!!!! The only thing I wasnt able to get to was most of the laundry. We decided we should go out walking, as we still had a few things we needed to get. So we went to the mall, only went to one store so Mark could exchange something, and I was stopping about every 8 minutes or so with strong contractions. I knew things were picking up and was getting excited. Then we went to walmart to exchange some things and buy last minute items. I ended up being a mom and buying him a little stuffed baby mickey and booties to wear in the hospital. =)
Contractions were getting really strong at this point and I was getting very tired. We decided since this would be my last meal for lord knows how long to go get some dinner, and go home.

We ate dinner, watched some hockey playoffs ( Mark loves his hockey) and then I basically attacked him :rofl: (hehehehe) to get things more regulated. My contractions were stuck at 8-10 minutes apart and I was in so much pain with every contraction. I decided and took apon myself to get things going :blush: . I wasnt waiting any longer. After that, HOLY COW!!!!!! I started getting these very intense contractions every 5-8 minutes......and wow that was quick!!!!! I told Mark, hey its time we need to go!!!!!:rofl:

We got to the hospital at about 9:30pm after they had picked up around 8:00pm....and I was put on the monitor. They had checked me and I was 4 centimeteres and 70% effaced, so I was admitted. WOW!!! I couldnt believe it, we were going to meet our son soon. The first two hours I dialated fast. I went to 5 centimeters 80% effaced and then 6 centimeters within two hours. Then got my epidural. And my labor had stalled. Two hours later NOTHING had changed...OMG!!!!! So they checked to make sure my bag of water had broke and apparently it hadnt. At 2:00am, the nurse broke my water and then I started getting more contractions. I couldnt feel a thing. The medication from the epidural had completely numbed me from my chest down....I couldnt move my legs at all. So finally, after another couple hours (about 6:30) I dialated to 7 centimeters. So the nurses started getting things ready. After that things went VERY quick. Within an hour, I dialated to complete!!!! I was ready to push!!! My doctor had just gotten out of surgery and made it in time, thank god!!!! I pushed for maybe 20 minutes and he just popped out!!!:cloud9:

My baby Connor was born!!!! They put him on my stomach and when he cried, I just started bawling. I was so happy!!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

The only complications I had were my blood pressure dropped very low two times and they had to give me medication to bring it back up and towards the end of labor, I was very nauseas and got sick a few times. Can you imagine throwing up while laying down....that wasnt pleasant.

But, we stayed in the hospital for two days after I gave birth and came home on thursday. Ive had some baby blues and been a little emotional lately but I think Im handling it quite well. Mark has been a wonderful support system and hes a wonderful father. I couldnt have asked for a better father for my child.

Congratulations on your baby boy :)

This post caught my eye, as I have two brothers. One called Connor, the other David. ;)

Awwwwwww as you know Im sooooo Happy for you and Mark, Congrats Again sweetie .... and Give precious little connor a big Hug from auntie Aubrey ;)

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Yay! I was waiting for this one! :wohoo: HUGE HUGE HUGE congratulations! :hugs: Im so thrilled and beyond over the moon for your family :hug: :hugs:

Awww, congratulations on Connor junemomma09. Upload a piccy! :blue:

Congratulations!!! Love the name!

Can't believe you managed to shop with contractions, no way would I manage that ;)

Well done again!!!

Xxx

Thank you all!!!! I will try to get OH to resize the pics on my computer as they wont upload on here. Im thinking they are too big.

Congrats hun!
Sounds like a great experience, minus the being sick thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->