Conserned

Stef

Mummy to Olivia & PG #2
Reaction score
im slightly conserned about Olivias feedng at the minute and the amount oftime sh spends awake

She is taking 4oz almost every feed and then within half an hour sometimes she is screaming and can quite easily polish off another 4oz so sometimes she is having like 8oz in 2 hours. I didnt think it was normal for a baby at just 2 weeks old to be taking this amount of milk...

Also she just dosent settle to sleep much lately. Shes awake for long periods and nothing I do will send her off to sleep. She dosent cry so she is content within herself but for example today she has been wake since 8am and ive only just managed to get her down to sleep now at 2:20pm and she is stirrin, it wont be long before she is wide awake again.

Any advice?

Babies have a big growth spurt at around 2 weeks. I know some sleep loads but mine seemed to just feed and be awake! Has she always eaten that much or is it something that's started the past couple of days?
Does sound like growth spurt behaviour to me :)

no just started really. thanks kina its made me feel a little more at ease. got the MW here on weds so ill just mention it. HV is here tomoro but i'll see what she is like b4 i start mentioning things to them. x

Adam goes through stages like this, sometimes he will take 4oz then scream the house down an hour later and take another 3oz.

for the past 2 days tho we are having to wake him for feeds, he has defo grown, can feel it when you hold him and his toes are curling up in his 0-3 sleepsuits

x

Thankgod im not the only one!!! Oliver is EXACTLY the same! He is abit older than Olivia he is just over 5weeks now but he started takin 4ounces like every hour. Now sometimes in the evenings he'll take nearly 6ounces then be hungry 2hours later! And he doesnt sleep either. He just never seems full. Im really concerned too. How can they possibly be hungry i ask. We started Ollie on the cow and gate hungry baby formula today, why not give that a go too? Fingers crossed it works. Otherwise i shall be callin my HV x

My HV said she was due for a growth splirt around 2 weeks I think it was (like Kina says) she said it can last around 24-48 hrs where she wants more feed and more frequant.

She burping ok? Maybe trapped wind? Although whist trapped wind can make Caitlin unsettled it can also doze her out! Can't win lol

it looks like she has her first growth spurt (at around 3 weeks, the next is due at around 6 weeks).

Juleika also wouldn't go to sleep at her last one and wanted to be fed all the time.

I would not worry, just give her what she is asking for :baby:

ps: they can last up to 72 hours, I read.

72 hours goodness... Im having to force open my eyelids already.

The only time ive got her to sleep today was in her pram whilst I popped into the town for some more formula. As soon as we got back home she was wide awake again.

Yeah she seems to be burping ok. Mind saying that she dosent let go of her wind every easily either so ive still kept her on the infacol just to give a helping hand.

Thanks for all your replys. You have been great help.

Xx

I hope she gets on with this growth spurt so you can get some rest! ;) :hugs:x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"