Considering for a Home Birth

Nanaki

Mummy 2 two boys, an angel and a girl!
Reaction score
Hello ladies!!

I am here to ask few things and let me tell you a bit about me, I am 31 and had two boys, one c-section in 2009 and one natural birth without any drugs only on gas and air in 2011.

I spoken to my midwife at my appointment at 16 weeks and I have explained my worries about the time from water break to birth because I laboured with Jacob, my youngest for 2 hours before I gave birth to him. My midwife suggested home birth and got me thinking about this but she said will speak to the supervisor midwife to see if I could have that she also said its not impossible yet! But will let me know!

That had make me wanting to do it at home because I laboured well and very quick. Also will it affect my scar from CS to repute(spelling?) also I have two boys at home so I don't have to worry about who look after them.

What stuffs I need at home to prepare the labour? What do Midwife do when it happens?

Many thanks

Hi there :hi:
Also in Staffs! Had a section with my first, followed by two home births, soon to be three.

I used an independent midwife for first home birth, then one to one midwives for last and this pregnancy, so can't comment on NHS community midwives as I never got on with them.

You can choose to have a home birth, you don't need their permission. There is a very small chance of your scar rupturing, but with your history of quick labours, and the fact you have had a natural birth since is good. Take a look at the AIMS website and the homebirth UK website, they have lots of info on there.

I just had a home birth because I dilated quickly with my first and was worried about making it to hospital. It was a lovely experience and so relaxed compared to the palaver of getting to hospital while in labour. My waters went first and I spoke to the community midwife, she told me what time she'd be there. As I was quick last time she'd already called the second midwife. I was examined and then they just chilled while I laboured with the gas and air. They checked the heart rate every 15 mins with a doppler and when they saw me start pushing baby out they just guided me without telling me to push. When baby and placenta were born they did checks, wrote up notes, cleaned up, saw me into bed and left. Then you're seen next day and at 5 and 10 days as normal.

Oh and the only stuff I needed to have was shower curtains or plastic sheet to protect furniture or floor, old towels, a bucket and a torch.

Great thanks ladies.

Paganbride, how did you get an independent midwife, may I ask?

Will look it up more on the Google. :)

Great thanks ladies.

Paganbride, how did you get an independent midwife, may I ask?

Will look it up more on the Google. :)

This I'm in walsall and was wondering the same thing? Xx

You can use the 'find a midwife' tab on the IMUK website:
https://www.imuk.org.uk

I had mine for my first VBAC in 2008, because I didn't feel supported by NHS community midwives. If you can afford it's a great option. Thankfully one2one have no charge at service level, otherwise we couldn't have afforded this birth and the last one.

I've had two home births and planning my third and couldn't be more positive about it, home birth is wonderful. I've never had a section so can't advise on that, sorry. I've used nhs each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->