Considering letting out the bedroom

letdoit

Reaction score
Hi Ladies....

I just need some advice from UK ladies , please.

I am single parent, my baby is due in December. Obviously money is very tight and I will be taking some time off work for maternity . I know this must not be the best possible solution but, I am considering letting out one of the bedroom in the house in order to generate some income to survive while I'm off work.

I was wondering if in the UK there are any regulation regarding the accommodation that the health visitor will be looking at when they visit the baby.

please advice feel free to be honest with your views

thanks

The idea in itself is a good one, but if I were you I'd think carefully about what type of lodger you'd be looking for. Does the room have an ensuite bathroom? Is it as enough away from the nursery so that the lodger would not be disturbed in the by a screaming baby?

I would go to the CAB and perhaps seek professional advice. You'd also probably want someone who can provide references.

Good luck! It could be a great venture!

I wouldn't personally - I wouldn't want a stranger in my home, when you have your baby the last thing you want to have is someone in the house when your getting your baps out to feed / doing skin to skin / in your pj's all day - also not fair on the other person to be in the middle of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->