Considering Surrogacy

co_fostermom

Expecting Baby #2
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently in the midst of suffering through my third failed pregnancy after IVF. Going in for a d&c tomorrow because the baby has been dead for four weeks and still sitting high in my uterus which apparently is why I haven't had any miscarriage symptoms.

Anyway, we have 4 embryos left - three of which are healthy normal baby boys. The fourth is a bit of a mystery because it made it to day 5 blastocyst stage but there wasn't enough DNA for the lab to get a read on it so we don't know if it's viable, or healthy, and we don't know what sex it is.

I have an unicornuate uterus which is a particular anomaly known for recurrent miscarriages. I haven't technically been diagnosed with recurrent miscarriage yet because the second embryo failed to implant altogether so they don't count that as a miscarriage but my thought is there's obviously something in my body that is not helping these embryos thrive. I'm not sure if I'm willing to risk yet another embryo (aka - human life) in the hopes of experiencing full-term pregnancy. The end goal was always to have children.

Anyway, so I find myself considering surrogacy and wondering if anyone here has any insight into that process, what it entails, and any other information you can give me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->