Considering ZOFRAN? Please read this first

Joy_Joy89

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

if you've been really, REALLY sick (the last 10 weeks have been one long hell for me, so I completely get you, girl), you might be considering Zofran with your healthcare provider. I know there is some controversy about the safety of Zofran, but that's not what this post is about. My husband and I looked at the evidence and decided I was going to go ahead with it - but that's your choice. By the way it REALLY helped me, I can now actually function which is nice.

If you DO decide to take it though - PLEASE listen to me. One of the potential side effects of Zofran is constipation - when I read that on the packet I wasn't really worried. Constipation is a side effect of lots of medication and I eat lots of fiber, fresh fruit and veggies and exercise a lot. Turns out you should NEVER take Zofran without a stool softener - I found out the hard way (and was then told by a friend who is an oncology nurse, but too late for me!). Literally it stops ALL motion in your GI tract from the neck down, so no vomit but also, aheam, no bathroom times.

So if you do decide to go ahead with it - best of luck. TAKE SOMETHING with it - a half capful of Miralax every other day is doing it for me, but take whatever you like. Good luck everybody!

I 2nd this. This is my 7th baby and I had to take zofran in all but my first pregnancy only because it wasnt out yet and was put on reglan which sucked. But anyway the zofran caused the worst constipation ever. This pregnancy it was so bad the doctor talked about admitting me and making me go! I finally started going but it would take over an hour each time. Very painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->