Conspiracy theories?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Completely crazy? elements of truth? all truths?

I can usually find merit in both sides of an argument, but conspiracy theories, especially ones about vaccines leave me bewildered as to how so done could believe it! Some I can see an element of truth but usually small.

I love doomsday preppers, and often think, really? You believe that... But I get it, to a point, a d they are not harming anyone.

Vaccines, I just don't get, any of them, the one in hearing now is how the government is using it and foods to control us.

So, what do you believe? Truth? Lies?

I don't know, it's all one big conspiracy.

Haven't heard the control via vaccine one yet, like mind control? :wacko:

I don't think anyone would say they believe lies; after all that's what deceit is - a lie so good you think it's the truth. So to them it's the truth. Also, perception is reality, so if you think something is a certain way, then it is (to you). Which is probably why things always get so heated in Baby Club :haha:

I don't get myself or my son vaccinated, and that's definitely not because of a "conspiracy theory."

Some conspiracy things I find interesting but some like the 911 ones are just disrespectful

The 911 ones I watched with great interest. I didnt find them disrespectful as I wanted to know the truth . I always suspected that wasnt as we thought it was and the amount of witnesses and people that where there can tell you that to. Its one that will always have my interest.

Dont know about the vaccine one? Its not why I only have my kids partially vaccinated then stopped anyway thats for sure. But I dont believe everyone is as squeaky clean as we think. I think people can be way to trusting sometimes.

Some I get, I can understand points of some of the doomsday ones, I can understand some of the ideas of accidents/cover ups and such like.

But things like aliens or government control are way out there. The vaccine one I heard was one person saying they were used to control the population numbers and the other said no, it was to keep us weak and sick so we are easier to control.

I just wonder who sit there and thins these thing up and then why on earth people believe them, sounds more like paranoia.

I dont know I always give something a fair shot before I make up my mine, look at all angles first. But some of it dosnt interest me at all so I dont bother looking.

Some I get, I can understand points of some of the doomsday ones, I can understand some of the ideas of accidents/cover ups and such like.

But things like aliens or government control are way out there. The vaccine one I heard was one person saying they were used to control the population numbers and the other said no, it was to keep us weak and sick so we are easier to control.

I just wonder who sit there and thins these thing up and then why on earth people believe them, sounds more like paranoia.

I think many societes feed off of fear, without necessarily realizing it. Take the evening news - when is there ever a happy story? It's always about death and destruction. These things get so ingrained in us, we are so used to bad news, that it is very easy for certain people to believe even "worse" things, whether they be truth or lies.

Taking that one step further, I believe some people "need" things to obsess over. There are people who aren't comfortable when everything is going well; it makes them nervous. They need a distraction, and what better than to discuss how the government is controlling us or aliens are going to take over the planet?

But like I mentioned earlier, if you perceive something to be true, then it is. Which is probably why people do spend thousands of dollars on post-apocalyptic shelters and supplies. Or researching crop circles, or what have you. I don't think these people are "crazy"; but I think they are misinformed, because what I perceive to be true is different.

If that makes any sense.

I love a good conspiracy theory, I have studied the shooting of JFK at length in both high school and university and still can't believe it is classed as a conspiracy theory...lone gun man my arse. Other ones I have heard of are about cures discovered but pharmaceutical companies blocking them because they make more money from the treatment.

I LOVE reading about conspiracy theories. I believe some and not others.

Without sounding totally stupid will ilu guys list some examples cos ive obviously got my dumb head on n am really confused

I love a good conspiracy but find some of them a bit silly.

The cures conspiracy makes sense to me because big business runs everything and they wont make nearly as much money curing the disease as they will providing 'treatments' for the rest of someones life.

In medicine, I do think somethings that may have come to light are kept hidden for the sake of keeping the trust of the public and to save millions in compensation. However, the same can be said for all things. I think without a doubt some things will be kept a secret and it will always be left to speculation.

Without sounding totally stupid will ilu guys list some examples cos ive obviously got my dumb head on n am really confused

Probably some of the most common are things like....

That Neil Armstrong and co never really landed on the moon

There are actually cures out there for cancer etc which are withheld

UFOs - they exist, the governments know and maybe even communicate with them but all info is withheld from the world

Chem trails in our skies - which can also tie in, depending on how deep you want to go, with general mind control, fluoride in our water, letting some of the world die of obesity while others starve (all about controlling population and dumbing us down)

'hidden' governments that actually rule the world while those who we think are in charge are just puppets.

There's absolutely loads!!

I personally think there are some nutters out there - like David icke for example, but I also feel that many conspiracy theories are not actually that easy to dismiss after reading up on them.

Also what makes it a conspiracy anyway iykwim? Just because something is not the generally accepted view, or even if it sounds incredible doesn't mean it's not true.

I'm sure that the earth being flat was a conspiracy theory back in the day!

I think the freedom of information act is a great thing too and that lots of previously hidden stuff will come out over the next couple of generations.

Also even in our present time, look at Hillsborough - for 23 years many have considered those campaigning for justice as people who just didn't believe the truth and were conspiracy theorists. Hopefully they will at last get the justice they so deserve:thumbup:

David Icke, I do find him entertaining I must say!

I have more time for them than government tbh. I never take authority at face value, especially if they purport to do something solely in my benefit. But I can totally see why people would as the alternative doesn't bare thinking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->