Constant fighting about ...

Justinel101

Reaction score
Ever since I got pregnant I've had no sex drive at all. I still try to put in an effort but for the past 2 weeks I've been so tired I just can't even imagine doing it at all. Now it seems like ALL we do every day is fight about the fact that I don't want to have sex. I always just end up going in the other room and crying cause I feel so crappy. What am I supposed to do..I have no control over how I feel about it, it's just a part of the pregnancy for me. It's really coming to the point where I get jumpy anytime he touches me because I feel like he's just going to try to pull something. Sorry, more of a rant I know but I just needed to vent somewhere.

Your OH should not be fighting with you if you do not want sex, he should accept that that's how you feel. It's a part of pregnancy losing/gaining a sex drive, just like morning sickness or backache.

He sounds like a idiot hun, sorry but he does, your doing nothing wrong if you don't feel like doing it he should respect that - you are his equal!!

:hugs:

Does it only get bring up when he's trying it on or have you talked about it at a time when he isn't wanting sex? If your just turning him down every time he wants it he's probably feeling pretty rejected but if you sole about how your feeling in a mutual setting he may be more understanding about it...

It's just so frustrating I don't know what to do. I have tried talking to him at both times and really explaining how I feel but it seems like no matter when/how many times I say it he doesn't care.

I'm sorry... My OH is super supportive and understand which is why I feel bad not doing it. But if he wants to be an ass so be it. You aren't doing t on purpose and if you aren't comfortable don't force yourself

:hugs: I never had this issue when I was pregnant but I met it later on with the contraceptive implant and it was a massive deal for OH and our relationship. You need to talk to him and reassure him (when he's not already looking for it) that it is pregnancy and you love him. AS my OH said he hated begging and being rejected, you could try and set the mood like having a romantic date and try and give you a bit of spark back.
xx

Because your OH is not a woman and obviously never will be pregnant, he doesn't realize just how much of a toll it can take on our bodies. I would sit down with him, talk to him, and just explain why you are feeling the way you are and what he can do to help, etc.

:hugs:

Oh my gosh I could have written this! I am going through the exact same thing. Unfortunately I have no advice as I'm still battling with him over it- although sometimes I trade sex for other things like give him a back massage. But its nice to know you're not alone and its a normal part of pregnancy.
Maybe show him this so he knows it is hormones and not you just rejecting him. I'm going to do the same with mine.
But at the end of the day they're boys and they got a whoooole load of their own hormones to deal with :)

Maybe just remind him this is setting him up for what fatherhood is all about....always putting someone else ahead of yourself....yes it's fine he wants it...but your pregnant and he needs to grow up and realize that it's not about his "needs".....welcome to being a parent!!!hahahhaah....

Yep, my OH couldn't get it through his thick skull that me being nauseous and in pain didn't exactly put me in the mood. We argued about it fairly often, and while I did feel a little bad, I told him he needed to suck it up and get over it. He didn't seem to understand how I could feel horrible all the time, so I ended up showing him articles aimed towards fathers-to-be, which explained how I was feeling. That helped a little, and then I'd show him threads here on BnB where the women complained about their aches and pains. Not gonna lie, it still took forever for him to accept that this was how I was going to feel for probably most of the pregnancy, but he's fine now. You could always tell him doc put you on pelvic rest and that there's just no possible way you could have sex... I don't know, but good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->