constantly worried - help!!

kittyb

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have just joined the forum, am 14 weeks pregnant and feeling a bit alone and stressed and wondered if anyone could help and whether anyone else felt the same? Basically I was desperate to get pregnant, it took about 7 months, which when I look back isnt much but at the time felt like ages, and when i got pregnant I couldnt believe it - convinced myself that something awful was going to happen, ended up having early scans as i was constantly panicking - I had 3 altogether - then my 12 week which showed all was ok. So I felt reassured, then sometone told me that scans can be dangerous now im freaking out thinking I had too many. I feel like evey day i find out that something I have done may be harmful. I thought I should carry on with (gentle) yoga - but now i read that may be dangerous, i did some cleaning, I find out that may be dangerous. Also Im not showing at all, and have barely had any symptoms, I thought that by 12 weeks i would have a little bump - nothing. And to top it all off of course, stress can be harmful!! I havent seen the midwife yet, and will talk to her about my concerns, but i am scared she will tell me somthing else that will worry me or not have time to listen. Any advice or help would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks so much x

Wow! You are stressing!

First thing's first

CONGRATULATIONS! You made it. Sit back, take a deep breath, put your hand on your tummy and imagine the little kicks you are going to get shortly!

Secondly, stop google-ing, stop reading up stuff! Someone somwhere will tell you that anything you do is bad for your baby!

My MW recommends Yoga and most woman go cleaning mad when they are pregnant! Just wear gloves if you are using strong fluids.

You have two weeks to go until the 14 week sign of relief "i have made it" stage. Just relax and carry on life as normal. Double check all medicians you take with the pharmicist, avoid strong chemicals, make sure you put your feet up every now and then.

There is no conclusive proof that scans harm the baby. By the time i was five week I had had about six! Something as common as a scan would be proved to cause damage by now if it did!

Chill Mrs and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->