Constipated baby. Any experience with Lactulose?

Aliza2010

Reaction score
Anyone ever given Lactulose to their baby. My baby hasn't pooed for 3 days now. We've just started nutriprem 2 and I think it's bunged him up :( should I ask for Lactulose. He was born at 28 weeks and is now 39.2 weeks? Any experiences?

Hi, I've not used lactose but my lo was born at 25+5 and when we came home ended up on nutriprem 2 he didn't poo and ended up having suppositorys every 5 days. The cartons have more lactose see if the doc will give you them, they helped a little. Once we begun weaning he started going himself. Also if you can try a baby massage that helped too xx

Neonatal told us to use it in a smaller dose-perhaps its worth calling them? That's what we did x

Thanks ladies. I asked for the ready made cartons and they refused :(

Atomicpink: did the Lactulose work then?

Hi,I've used Lactulose in fact we used it an awful lot with my little boy, he was born at 27 weeks and started not pooping about 10 weeks old -ish when he came off breast milk and nuti-prem and started on cow and gate 1st milk.
He would only ever pooh every 5 days and come day 3-4 it would really hurt him we started lactulose and it did work it make it softer for the pooh to come out, i also found a little bum massage helped alot too,

also try give maybe 1oz of water afterwards as its very sweet.

we continued like this for a number of weeks with no real improvement still every 4-5 days with the lax so i changed babies milk and it worked a treat he's now a little poohing machine i guess r problem was milk just did'nt agree with baby,

hope it helps ur little one xxx

Lactulose was useless for Abby. It never worked. 3 days isn't too long for a baby poo though.

Thanks ladies. I asked for the ready made cartons and they refused :(

Atomicpink: did the Lactulose work then?

Totally. Never without a bottle now :haha:

Indya is on nutriprem 2. We have problems with a lack of poo. We were advised a warm bath with tummy massage followed by a cotton bud coated with vaseline inserted just up her bottom. It's brlliant and works a dream.

xxx

Also told to try one part orange juice with 10 parts water. Haven't given it a go yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->