Constipation help

pamg

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone suffers from constipation long term & what they take for it?
I think I always have been but never had any problems until I got an internal pile out of the blue 5 months ago. My doctor prescribed a mild laxative to help but I'm just having a nightmare with it all the time now ending up going the toilet frequently most days then getting so sore & I've had enough but I can't manage without it either!! I changed my diet when I first got the pile & I make sure I drink lots of water but it makes no difference :-(

It sounds like you should go back to you GP.

Have you tried herbal tea or a cup of hot water with a little lemon juice (a natural laxative).
Sparkling water instead of tap water
Coffee

x

Thanks for your advice. I've been back & to to my gp every couple of weeks for this issue. If I didn't have my internal pile I wouldn't have an issue it's so frustrating! I've lowered my dose of the laxative now a lot which has helped that I'm not going the toilet too much although I'm actually having odd days where I'm actually getting constipated which I really don't get.

I started drinking lots of lemon water after I read your reply about it which I'm enjoying, especially warm but it's not making any difference unfortunately :-( I drink at least one cup of peppermint tea a day too.

I think I'll be heading back to the doctors but I don't really have any other options to try from last time I spoke to her.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->