Constipation - not daring to push

chele

Mummy to Max & Hayden
Reaction score
I realise how absurd this is but I bet there are others out there who are as absurd as me and are suffering the delights of constipation.

Do you feel like you daren't squeeze too hard in case you dislodge the baby?!

Haha or is it just me who's daft?

:haha:

ha i have wondered that myself!! so your not alone! x

Lol - no danger of dislodging the baby. The danger is in the stool being hard and causing some tearing. Nothing serious, but not too comfortable when it's healing.

haahahahahaha, I thanked you for asking that because it is certainly something that I have wondered about lol

Nicola xx

he hehe I knew it wouldn't just be me

I know it's stupid to think it but then again I think about all sorts!

I felt the same in the first couple of weeks after I got my bfp but it will pass.

You've just got to try and not think of bean when you go to the toilet!

Heyy hun I thought of this too whilst pregnant! But it is common in pregnancy to be constipated! I was terrrrribly bunged up for months. I ate tons on veg and fibre but it didn't work. Doc finally prescribed fibregel... Which is VILE but works really well! Hope I get better soon! X

I wondered this too! The reason is because when I have watched birth programs, the midwife always says to push into your bottom, so why would that be ok when going to the loo if pushing like that actually gets the baby out!

Hope that makes sense! I know what I mean!

Think my baby brain is here in full force today!

Xxx

I have an awful reputation for spending ages on the loo >< I've had piles on and off for the last few years, and was told not to rush anything, ever >< I still freak out on the odd occasion I see bright red in the pan.

The best thing I've found, aside from constantly eating fruit & veg, and drinking a lot of water, is Benefiber, which dissolves in just about anything and you really can't notice it's there.

.. On a plus note, the doctor also said to avoid lifting anything heavy (which somehow strains the same muscles), so piles is my 'excuse' for asking people to carry stuff for me now I'm pregnant - with a bonus of making them immediately stop asking any more questions mwuahahahaha :D

EDIT: reading the package of Benefiber, it says to get advice before using when pregnant - just thought I'd say :)

I haven't had any problems with that since I started making banana milkshakes in the morning, throwing in a couple prunes helps too. It is nutritious, healthy and easy :)

I know this is going of the tangent slightly, but I feel constipated, even though I'm not, anyone else get this?

yep i feel constipated and full of trapped wind although i dont actualy think i am :(

haha, i wondered about that my first time round - i can heartily recommend fybrogel - doesn't taste too gross, works wonders and totally baby safe!
x

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

yes i have had fybrogel before it does work i will have to pick some up :)

Ha ha! I thought this too! And even though I knew I was being totally crazy, and I was in no danger of dislodging the baby, the thought still crossed my mind every time I had to poo!

haha, I know what you mean!
It's awful isn't it?

Definitely not alone....I think about that all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->