constipation!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by caz81, Apr 17, 2009.

1. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

I have bad constipation and as a result also really bad gas(tmi but true)!!! any tips on how to make it better? im trying to drink much more water in the hope that that will help but any advice would be appreciated!! xx

2. vix1989

vix1989 Baby Christmas <3

i ate lots of weetabix lol seemed to cause movements and drink a lot of orange juice you get the vitamin c and lets just say it helps lol

3. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

thank you i will give those a go! xx

4. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Orange juice

Prunes

Bran flakes

Lots of water

Keeping active

xxx

5. xBabycakes

xBabycakes Guest

i ate weetabix too! try stool softeners as well, i was going to take these but in the end i didn't need to. I managed to get things moving on their own. xxx

6. third time

third time Well-Known Member

I've been eating much more fruit than usual and have a tin of mandarin oranges in natural juice everyday, as well as brankflakes with sultana for breaksfast, since then I've been like clockwork, but was bad to begin with. Also increase water intake as this softens....

7. Wombat

Wombat Married mum of 2:)

Porridge, prunes, prune juice, orange juice, oranges and there is stuff called Califyg(I am not sure about spelling) but you can get it in Boots. :hug:

8. loopdido

loopdido Mum to 2

i think that's where most of early preg cramps and bloating comes from! lol....i have that problem too........and I'm useless at eating fruit! I bought some V8 veg and fruit juice, which totally grosses out DH! prunes are also good and bran based cereals.

9. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

its horrible isnt it, i started suffering from it last week and its getting painful now :(

10. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

Yes... Mine started about 2 weeks ago and after eating fruit, juice, bran... just made the problem worse. I called the doctor becasuse it had been 5 days since I had gone and they told me to take 2 stool softeners right before bed with a glass of water. I now have to wake up and potty in the night but better that then having the pain of constipation.

11. Seraphim

Seraphim Amazing Baby Girl

I got in a right pickle the other week, because I felt too sick to eat, which made it worse.
    One dose of Latulose from the doc solved that little problem.
    Been feeling bouncy since :)

12. IrishBaby1109

IrishBaby1109 Kian's PROUD Mommy

Take some metamucil, it's allowed during pregnancy... it softens your stool. Or eat more fiber cause that can help.

13. babyblog

babyblog Well-Known Member

Exercise, exercise and more exercise.Keep moving, gets your system going.Also i found hot water (with a slice of water to taste) really helped me xxx

14. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

Oh yes I remember Latulose. I have had that before and worked wonders for me as well. The stuff I had was kinds sweet so it was easy to take.

15. elainegee

elainegee Well-Known Member

I had read this thread earlier on but felt compelled to reply after spending 30 mins in the bathroom!!! I have had constipation now for around 3/4 weeks but its managable and most times doesnt bother me. But OUCH! think im going to go home and munch away at the fruit and fibre! xx