Constipation

sproutly2003

Reaction score
What can I buy at the chemist to help me go? I'm not sure what were allowed to take when pregnant.

I don't know about medications but I know people swear by prune juice!

Ooo I didn't think of prunes and prune juice. Off to tesco I go. Thank you

Once you get it cleared out (so to speak) make sure you get plenty of water everyday! This has helped keep me normal!

This constipation is so uncomfortable! Can't imagine I'll be getting much sleep. Downed a ton of prune juice, hoping for so movement in the morning.

Fiber and orange juice too!! Brown bread works wonders for me. I eat 2 slices of brown toast and a glass of orange juice and I'm normal again :)

Coleace - stool softener.

Cashews did the trick for me. :D When you DO finally go, start drinking Metamucil daily, it'll help your digestive system. When you're baby making, your digestive system just slows down.

If you feel up to it make a smoothie first thing with some fruits and veggies and ice everyday. I started making my "pregnancy" version once I got my bfp to regulate me and keep nausea away. It has an apple, banana, fresh ginger, and some strawberries. I stopped making them for a few days and really noticed :sick:

Lots of fruits and if you haven't been in a few days, take 2 Colace. I've had horrible constipation and the metamucil didn't help, so I've been eating lots of watermelon and apples which helps. When things get bad though, 2 Colace will usually have me cleared out within 12 hours. It doesn't act as a laxative though, so you don't have to worry about running to the bathroom every 5 minutes if you have to be at work or in public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->