Constipation

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Sorry girls for the tmi alert! But what can we do to help constipation ? Every night I'm so constipated my stomach really hurts, I'm drinking as much water as possible but it's just not helping me :( I'm fed up with sitting on the loo for ages each evening :blush:

Is anyone else suffering with this?

It may not work for you, but Kashi bars definitely help me in that situation! I eat the dark mocha almond ones.

Regular cold water did help me quite a lot until a week or two ago. I became constipated for a few days with no BM at all. I tried warm/hot water with a lemon wedge squeezed in for a few days in the morning (about 2 cups). The first few days were of no help, but two days later it started again.

TMI warning ...

The first time I had to go after those days of constipation with the help of the hot/warm lemon water was difficult; had to strain to get the first few out, but once the hard, dry parts came out everything else was smoother.

I continued with that lemon water routine and things have still been smooth for me. I might miss a day of BM, but it has not been straining to go a day later and things are still smooth.

Thank you both.

What are kashi bars? I've never heard of those before :dohh:

They are healthy granola bars. I don't know if they have them in your country. I just noticed where your location is.

Lots of fruit - the really heavy wet ones.
Melons, mango, pear, peach, plum, ....
Also, add a bit of coconut oil to just about anything, it softens things up!

I tried everthing and had to go to my doctor,,, he gave lactulose an glycerin soppositories :(

cutting out cheese really helped me last pregnancy. I also now realize that my prenatal vitamin had 40mg of iron in it! The vitamin I am taking now only has 18mg, and it is a type that should be easier on the stomach. Don't know if it is just coincidence, but haven't had any issues yet and my issues started very early in last pregnancy!

Eating fiber feral in the morning works well. Also eating plums and grapes do wonders

My vitamins were giving me real bad head aches so I also had to change them.

Today is day 12 of no bowel movement for me. Yesterday I went to the ER because my ob told me to go. They weren't able to help me out at all. Just told me to do glycerin suppository and Metamucil and gave me some if fluids. It really sucks. I have bad morning sickness on top of this. They just said it is common during pregnancy, but I'm sorry there is nothing normal about not having a bowel movement for 12 days.

Today is day 12 of no bowel movement for me. Yesterday I went to the ER because my ob told me to go. They weren't able to help me out at all. Just told me to do glycerin suppository and Metamucil and gave me some if fluids. It really sucks. I have bad morning sickness on top of this. They just said it is common during pregnancy, but I'm sorry there is nothing normal about not having a bowel movement for 12 days.

12 weeks!! My goodness that is awful I hope things get better for you soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"