constipation

vicky9207

Reaction score
i have a 3 week old baby boy. he seems to be very constipation. hesscreams when hes going to the toliet n hes wee face goes red n the poo seems to be reali hard. i was just wondering can u give a baby that young anything

Put about 3oz in a bottle some babies will only take a few sips other will drink it happily. Are you breast or bottle feeding?

thanks for ur help. i was breast feeding 4 the first to weeks now on sma gold.

Nicole was constipated when she was a baby and the ehalth visitor told me to add an extra ounce of water to her bottles, seemed to do the trick.

my health visitor told me to buy a fresh orange, check its sweet not sour then add one level teaspoon to an ounce of cool boiled water, we done it to 2 ounces and my word did rhiannon poo.. :sick: she did 3 nappy fulls in 24 hours, just an idea but ask ur health visitor if u can give it to ur baby coz he is younger than mine X

i tried a pinch of sugar in my water sma is a little heavy at first i had same problem but them went fine. x

I would not give my baby sugar :baby:

but yes, cooled down boiled water is fine!

was he constipated whilst you were breastfeeding as well, as this shouldn't be the case :hi:

no he wasnt he just started being consipated when i switched to sma. i tried the cool boiled water yesterday n he seems 2 be gettin a bit better

Rylee had that issue too and still does a little bit, it started when we switched her formula..... the BM helped her a little bit she went from one poo in 48 hours to one poo in 24. We also tried water, but was told to be careful because its easy for them to choke on it.

I just took her off the BM though and its taking a few days but the single formula is working its way into her system and shes doing much better.

Her doc. said that it usually take 3-5 days for it to work its way in and even everything out. So maybe it just hasn't been long enough.

I really hope your LO gets to feeling better.... I know its hard to to hear them cry and not be able to help.

OH! our doc also told us to give her a 1/4 of a suppository... so you might want to ask your doctor about that it Really helped.

thanks the health vistor is coming 2morro so ill ak her wat she tinks

I would try water, and maybe an 1 oz of pear juice mixed with 2oz of water. But he may be too young for juice. Also a warm bath will he settle his stomach, and help ease it out.

I heard brown sugar is good for babies with hard poops. i think one teaspoon in one bottle a day.

A couple of drops of prune juice in a little water. The acid in oranges can hurt his stomach. Prune juice twice/three times a day and it's completely natural.

you might need to give it a try to switch formula, if solely giving water (or prune juice?) don't help :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->