Constipation!!

Cake lady

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I know this has probably been brought up time and time again but wondering if anyone has any constipation remedy ideas besides the obvious?

I'm 9+2 and I don't think I've "been" in over a week. It's getting to the point where I don't want to eat because I know it'll just add to the bloat and make me feel worse.

I've tried all the high fiber stuff, lots of fruit and veg, more water, exercise, tummy rubs, warm baths etc. The food seems to be giving me wind as opposed to getting anything moving!

Thanks in advance xx

I would love to help, but I'm in the same boat..I know coffee pre-pregnancy worked for me, but I can't stomach it now. I'm trying to eat lots of fruit & drink as much water as I can.

No luck yet though.

What about some warm herbal teas if you don't drink coffee? Especially in the morning. I have been able to drink coffee this whole pregnancy so far but couldn't at first with our son. So my boss recommended this tea that helps with the digestive system and it seemed to work!

I try to drink tons of water to get things moving. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. I'm lucky if I can go every 3-4 days now. The bloat and gas is terrible pushing against my uterus as well. I don't remember if it gets better either. I remember it getting worse at the end of pregnancy too. :/

I remember with my last pregnancy, there were two things that helped me. 1. Sunsweet prunes 2. Fiber One cereal. Good luck!

Seconding the coffee. I developed a coffee aversion but I'll still drink it once in a while because it's the only thing that makes me go :/

My sister was told by her high risk doctor to take up to 3 500mg of magnesium a day. Three was too much can for her it would cause diarrhea so she ended up taking two a day. I was going to start doing this since I was constipated, but my stomach can't make up its mind. I am either constipated or have loose bowel movements so am going to try increasing fiber by diet first before trying magnesium. Good luck- hope you al find something soon that works for you.

There is a powder you can get in the UK called benefiber. It's flavourless and you mix it in with any drink and it helps to get things moving, as well as supplementing your fibre intake.

I suffered with chronic constipation pre pregnancy and had to go back on my old medicine Movicol to feel remotely good again. Now it's gone the complete opposite in prep for labour, so at least that's something to look forward to in 3rd tri! I hope you can find a solution though :)

Thanks for all your replies... Finally had some relief this morning, don't know what it was that did it but am going to stock up on everything you've recommended in case this becomes an ongoing problem!

Hope everyone else gets things moving soon :) xxx

There is a powder you can get in the UK called benefiber. It's flavourless and you mix it in with any drink and it helps to get things moving, as well as supplementing your fibre intake.

I suffered with chronic constipation pre pregnancy and had to go back on my old medicine Movicol to feel remotely good again. Now it's gone the complete opposite in prep for labour, so at least that's something to look forward to in 3rd tri! I hope you can find a solution though :)

Unless I've got my wires crossed, happy due date to you and hope all goes well!! X

Aw thank you 😊 I'm glad you got some relief in the end! The feeling of that is amazing when it happens!

I remember this vividly from my first pregnancy- and that fact I've been constipated for the last 10 days is what's making me think I'm pregnant again (due to test tomorrow). The 2 things that helped me last time were lactulose (you can buy it over the counter) and jalapeños! Other general tips are be patient when sitting on the toilet - don't try and rush. Just sitting in that position can move things into place (that goes for labour to btw!) and also having your feet on a step helps too.

Lactulose on prescription...totally safe and loads and loads of water...I was in a real mess with constipation and now go easily every one to two days. Good luck!

Tons of water and lactulose. 3 doses and I am back to being regular!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->