Constipation

M

MrsPotts

Hi, My 2.5 year old has always been regular 2/3 times a day is normal for her, but the last 4/5 months she has been so constipated and the last few weeks its gotten so much worse. The lactulose isn't working. It could be 2/3 days of her being in so much pain where she doesn't eat much if anything at all and she is up all night holding on to the head rest in my bed pushing. (She is definitely pushing and not holding on) We haven't been able to get a doctors appointment till this Friday so I still got to wait a few more days. Is there anything else I can do in the mean time? We have tried prune juice I cant get her to take it. She eats fruit, She does eat a lot of dairy food and I am trying to cut back on the amount of milk she drinks. She drinks orange or tropical juice. I'm trying to get her to drink more water.
Its heart breaking hearing her "Mummy help me, Mummy help me please, I cant do it Mummy" I want to help her so badly I just don't know what to do.

Oh no your poor little girl, it must be so horrible for you as well. I'm sorry I don't think I can help but I didn't want to read and run. I was going to suggest prune juice and orange juice and lots of veg and water but I see you've already tried that. Could she possibly have an intolerance to dairy?. I think if she was in pain and screaming I'd take her to A and E,. I really hope she's managed to go since you posted this , p!ease update once she's been docs. Hope all goes ok x

I've been through this with my ds1 and your right it is heart breaking. Unfortunately nothing I tried made any difference to helping my Lo go and we tried lots, have you tried offering warm/hot drinks as apparently that can help loosen things too?

My gp has always been extremely dismissive of this and kept trying to send me to my hv so don't let yourself be fobbed off. At your appointment try and ask for Movicol it's been like a miracle for my son, they start on a very high dose which helps clear everything and then a smaller dose to help stay regular. I hope your lo isn't in too much pain

My dd went through a hellish time with constipation. Got to the point she held on so much she threw up. For us cutting back on milk (I started to dilute it with water so she kind of went off it) and also apple and pear juice are far more effective than orange juice at reliving it. Warm baths, warm drinks and tummy massages are also helpful. While laxatives are great for a short term then make the bowel lazy and often ends with needing more and more to make the stools move. Hope you lo is ok xxx

I hope your daughter can get something to help her. I've recently gone through this with my daughter. She eats lots of fruit and veg, she will only drink water and milk though. But I tried lots of warm baths, tummy massages and also water with a little brown sugar. But in the end I took her to the Drs they gave her Lactoluse. She's much better now, but I do give her a spoonful once a week now to keep on top of it. Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->