Constipation

A

AppleBlossom

Grace is straining a lot today. What can I give her to help her out?

I've tried water but she just won't take it. She just makes a face and spits it out.

The HV advised me to put 2 teaspoons of apple juice into the water...apparently this really helps with constiapation and gives a little flavour to the water...

My bubs is exactly the same and hates water so i started getting baby juice and diluting it with cool boiled water...he totally loved it...but i only use to for constipation not on a regular basis x

Hope she is better soon hun xx

I put a tiny bit of orange juice in with water a while back. She liked it and it helped a lot. But when my OH went out he went mad, saying he didn't want her having sugar and that she didn't need it.

Hmmm its a difficult one hun...i felt really strongly about my baby not having sugar either but it came to a point where i had no choice...i couldn't see my bubs constipated...it was heartbreaking...i just wanted him to have soft stools...thats why i only used it when i really had to now he is pooping properly i never do xxx

I think the sugar thing is a bit silly. Have you tasted how sweet formula (and breastmilk) is?! The tiny bit of sugar that they're getting in the very watered down juice is so minimal that I think the benefits (pooping!) far outweight any negatives!

we had this problem last week , i took her to the drs and she said to give her a teaspoon of orange juice, the proper stuff with bits in , not concentrate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->