Consultant!

LynnieH

Reaction score
I have been to the consultant today to book my section. After waiting for 1 hour and 10 minutes after my appointment I finally got to see one of the doctors attached to my consultant (who I have never met!). I told him I had decided to go with the section and he made me go into indepth reasons why! He worked out that I should have the section on xmas eve and was it alright to spend xmas there in the hospital, I looked at him with obvious disbelief in my eyes! The midwife also stared at him as if he was insane. they then got the diary out to discover that (surprise, surprise) they don't do sections on xmas eve! The next available date is 28th December at which point I will be 29 weeks and 4 days. What is the betting I go into labour on Xmas eve and end up in hospital any way. Ithought they did sections at 38 weeks but apparently it's now not before 39 weeks in Warrington. I am really fed up as it means the time my mum and dad arranged to have off after xmas will be before I have the baby and they won't be here to help me after I get out of hospital.

Bloody pissed off!!

awww hun at least you know now when your little one will be here..

not like the rest of us waiting and waiting and not knowing when!!!

Aww hun, what a shame. I was born c section on xmas eve - however that will be 24 years ago! :shock:

Not long to go now! :hugs:

awww thats horrible stupid doctors :S you should've asked him how HE would like to be in the damn hospital on christmas eve. friggin ass :evil:
like terrie said tho at least you know when your lo's coming :D
and my moms bday is xmas eve as well :D:D

Turns out the reason they leave you to 39 weeks is because they want more mums to go into natural labour rather than elect for sections so they can save money on the operating theatre etc. Why bother giving a choice if that is the case?

Doctor asked me what i intend to do if I do go into labour naturally? How the heck am I supposed to know? DH says he ill demand my section for me anyway. I am very scared of labur after last time!! Any advice?

you guys have to pay to give birth there??? sorry i have no advice, just a bit shocked at that :D

Its paid for by the NHS but because of that they like to leave things till the last min incase they dont end up needing to do the more expensive thing.

Awwwwwwwww Lynnie, I am so sorry babe, that is terrible!!! I too am dreading the labour after my last experience, but I think I would be jumping into the fire opting for a c-section too, I think it would be the worst thing I could do for me!

Why do Doctor's never know what the other is doing and why, and why do they not all sing from the same hyme book? It does my head in! I had a consultant appoinment yesterday who tried to pass the buck to my physiotherapist and my GP, yet the MW and my GP had told us it was the Consultants ultimate responsibility to sort me out etc.... But even tho he went and did a bit of research whilst we waited, we are still going to be going back to my GP for what we feel will be 'proper independent care' :roll: as what he did was just basically tell us he was right and to make our decision based on his advice - although he said it nicer than that, I just feel that he didn't give me 100% of what he could have for that query. (We asked about breast feeding and anti-depressants, and he told me I was fine to stay as I am, whereas my GP, MW and the pharmacist have told me I need to be weaned off of them and put onto others). I am sorry but I am not going to argue with a pharmacist, I think he is much more qualified with drugs than he is :roll:

Why don't they all sing the same tune and help us more, rather than leave us in limbo?

I hope you are able to hold on til your date babe, just try to stay as calm as possible and keep your fingers and legs crossed :wink:

Good Luck babe, I will be thinking of you! :hugs: x

Tam,

it's so great to have you in the third tri. I know that we have shared alot of the same pregnancy niggles (I try to give them a cute name to make them not seem so bad).

My spd has taken a turn for the worst over the last week. I am living on gaviscon, my morning sickness has returned and I am also constipated. Come on there must be something else this pregnancy can throw at me. I can't wait until the 28th!!

Heard you had really been suffering Tam, you make sure you are being looked after!!

LynnieH said:
Tam,

it's so great to have you in the third tri. I know that we have shared alot of the same pregnancy niggles (I try to give them a cute name to make them not seem so bad).

My spd has taken a turn for the worst over the last week. I am living on gaviscon, my morning sickness has returned and I am also constipated. Come on there must be something else this pregnancy can throw at me. I can't wait until the 28th!!

Heard you had really been suffering Tam, you make sure you are being looked after!!

Awwwwwwwww Lynnie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You poor thing.......not been a brilliant pregnancy for either of us has it? I really hope the time goes fast for you babe, so you can start to feel better.........funny enough my sickness is getting bad again, weird innit?

I hope you are being looked after babe, you are so near now babe, not long.....just take it one day at a time and try to do as little as possible!

You know where I am if you want to rant, moan or swear your little head off :wink:

Take care babe :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"