Contact lense users...help please?!

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Iv been wearing contact lenses for about 2months now...iv got the continuous wear ones...my question is...this morning i woke up and i could feel one of my lenses moving around in my eye...when i had a look it was falling out from my eye iykwim...what does this usually mean?...and what would you advise me to do?...i eneded up taking the other one out and putting them in solution...but now i feel a bit odd without them!?...Now what? x

If the contact lenses are dislodging by themselves it usually means your eyes are a little dry. Take them out, soak them them in solution for a while and then replace them. If it continues to happen see your optician and ask if they can prescribe a drop to stop your eyes drying out. I wouldn't just use any old drops because you can never be too sure, especially when it comes to your eyes. I found my eyes were getting quite dry once, picked up some drops that reacted badly to my lenses and I got an ulcer at the back of my eye. It was horrible! :cry: xx

I have the continuos wear lenses and the same thing has happend to me a couple of times. Think Mrs B is right, my eyes do usually feel quite dry when it happens. I usually just clean it and pop it back in again. I got some drops from Tesco which are contact lens friendly and they really help if my eyes are feeling dry and sore.

i just have lenses i have to take in and out daily but i know the feeling you describe,
i see it as my eyes giving me a sign that it's time to take them out and give them a break from it.

do you have glasses as a back-up?

Usually if the contact lenses are comingout by themselves it means your eyes are dry. I don't sleep with my lenses in but when I do, I find that I have the same problem. Maybe try taking them out at night? I know they're continuous wear but I don't think it's too good to keep the lenses in all the time. Your eyes need a break.

Hey I've got continuous wear lenses And they do dry ur eyes out a bit in the morning but u can buy eye drops for use with lenses and I usually just use these in the morning x

Yeah, just soak um. They feel fresh and new after wards. I used a hard lens, and I loved them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->