Contact with someone with Chicken Pocks

fifi83

Reaction score
Anybody no the effects off this? not going near google :rofl:

hi, i had this happen to me just yestereday! luckly because your over 20 weeks i think your in the safe zone! have you had chicken pox before? because then you should be immune anyway. i rang my midwife who got hold of my bloods i had taken when booking in and had them rechecked to see if i was immune (wasnt sure if i had had it), luckly it came back i am and it only took about 5 hours to get the results!! the best thing to do is speak to your midwife but im sure everything will be fine, good luck and let me know how you get on

I had this too a few weeks ago, and exactly what tinkerbell said. If you've had it, then your baby is fine and your immunity will protect the baby. Also, as you're over the 1st trimester period, your baby is safer. Good luck!

hi, i had this happen to me just yestereday! luckly because your over 20 weeks i think your in the safe zone! have you had chicken pox before? because then you should be immune anyway. i rang my midwife who got hold of my bloods i had taken when booking in and had them rechecked to see if i was immune (wasnt sure if i had had it), luckly it came back i am and it only took about 5 hours to get the results!! the best thing to do is speak to your midwife but im sure everything will be fine, good luck and let me know how you get on

Thanks i am going to ring tom, it was 3 weeks ago so i would of been just under 20 weeks i think, and i was in proper contact with him he was drinking my pop ect, so mad cos i no they could of checked my bloods and they decided to tell my OH's mum today she said to her thought id tell you cos of fiona argh she could of texted my OH as soon as she knew cos with her saying that she was aware i need it checking. I am going to ring her tom to be on the safe side x

Thanks i am going to ring tom, it was 3 weeks ago so i would of been just under 20 weeks i think, and i was in proper contact with him he was drinking my pop ect, so mad cos i no they could of checked my bloods and they decided to tell my OH's mum today she said to her thought id tell you cos of fiona argh she could of texted my OH as soon as she knew cos with her saying that she was aware i need it checking. I am going to ring her tom to be on the safe side x

i cant believe how irresponsible some people can be!!! thats just plain selfish, i would be fuming. if she knew she should of let you know straight away, for all she knows you could be sat at home with chicken pox now!! speak to your midwife first thing -im sure youll be fine x

Cant get throw to my midwife this morning so spoke to a different one who wants bloods off me today, altho i no i have bloods stored at the lab, so just waiting til mid afternoon see if i can get to speak to my own midwife.

Im not completely sure about this but i was told that the person with chicken pox was only contagious BEFORE the spots came out.

fifi83, did you manage to get hold of your midwife?

Not managed to get hold of her so fingures crossed i will in the morning if not i will take a different route.

Thanks for asking x

Not managed to get hold of her so fingures crossed i will in the morning if not i will take a different route.

Thanks for asking x

have you tried leaving her a message? or you could try getting your doctor to phone the midwife unit?

I spoke to the midwife unit, who said go to gp for blood which my doctors are shut on a wednesday, but also no the lab have my bloods, altho if i dont get to speak toher tom i will go see my gp. Cos i bloody googled it lol, its too late for them to do anything and baby shouldnt come to any harm with me been so far on. But would like to speak to her to put my mind more at ease cos im paronoid and iching like blooming mad today all the head i bet.

i dont know why whoever you spoke to were being like that, youd think if shes a midwife shed know they've already got your bloods. i couldnt get hold of my 'actual' midwife so just rang the unit up and the lady was fantastic and she phoned me straight away as soon as she got the results as she knew how worried i was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->