Contraception after birth.

x__Hannah__x

Teen Mum of 2 <3
Reaction score
What contraception is everyone using? Any problems?

I've got my 8 week PP appointment tomorrow and I'm still not sure what to choose.

Started out on the mini-pill, but it made me a raging bitch :rofl: So stopped. We're using nothing at the moment, BUT if I were to get something if I wasn't planning on having kids for a bit, it would be an IUD like mirena :flower:

I got the IUD Paragard. I love it, it took getting used to but now I don't even feel it. I was never good at taking the pill and we HATE condoms so I went with this.

Started out on the mini-pill, but it made me a raging bitch :rofl: So stopped. We're using nothing at the moment, BUT if I were to get something if I wasn't planning on having kids for a bit, it would be an IUD like mirena :flower:

This is me exactly! Mini pill gave me huge mood swings!!!

I was thinking there was no pint with mirena be ause it's hormonal as well so would have the same affect?

I think mirena isn't hormonal, if I remember my GP's advice. :)

I'm going to go back on the pill, I don't like the hormones but my baby making days are over now!!

Mirena is hormonal. We use the pull out method. We have for a long long time, and never had any accidents with it. It only took one month of TTC for a bfp.

For now, abstinence is the way we're going, mostly because I don't trust my insides just yet. After my 6w pp followup with my OB, I'm hoping to be back on a pill, as I'm not planning on having another LO any day soon and found comfort in knowing that taking a pill every day prevented me from having an LO. I was on the pill for over a decade and was off of it for 2 years when we conceived our DS.

I got the mini pill but I hear and see on this thread there's massive mood swings. DH is getting snipped. He keeps forgetting I can get pregnant again and he did an oopsie 3 days ago when I was ovulating. Not cool.

We're not using anything other than condoms at the moment. I'm a poor pill taker and i don't want the implant again - or anything else thats got hormones in it.

I'm currently on the pill with no issues really- except I have NO period, but can you really call that an issue? LOL. It's the loestrin 24- so 24 days of slightly lower hormones which I guess keep my body from building up enough to have a period.

I would prefer the non-hormone IUD... but I'm a scared! Yup- had a c-section and hooked up to all the lines in the world and poked and prodded to even get prego for weeks... but I'm afraid to get the IUD as it might hurt! LOL. I'm silly- but long as the pill works Ok, I'll probably stick with that ;)

Best of luck whatever you decide!

I have my appointment tomorrow, and I am going to either get the patch or NuvaRing. I've had NuvaRing before, but had problems because I kept stacking to skip periods so I might try the patch first and then try NR as directed if that doesn't work out.

Luckily for me I don't need any!!

I liked being on the implnt tho :flower:

Mini pill due to breastfeeding. Only started a month ago but not liking it so far, lots of random bleeding!

Nothing! I hate the pill one anything hormonal, the idea of the implant makes me feel sick, I had an emergency coil once and it was agony for Weeks. I've not had a visit from af yet :happydance:
X

Abstinence! I can't even think of sex at the moment and when I can consider it it will have to be condoms. I don't want to take hormones again especially while I'm breast feeding

I was on the mini pill and I hated it. Kept having breakthrough bleeding, then when my period came back at four months, I started having a full-on 7-9 day period every 14-17 days. Plus it was giving me headaches and making me a raging bitch with no patience for ANYTHING besides the baby.

I've switched to natural family planning and am getting fitted for a diaphragm in July. Until that's fitted, we'll be doing withdrawal and spermicide.

I will never pump my body full of hormones again. I'd rather have 15 kids! I am still hoping to have at least one more baby, and after that I think DH will be getting The Snip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->