Contraception and breast feeding

Izzie74

Reaction score
Contraception and breastfeeding

Had my 6 week check up today. Useless Dr! Was in such a rush that she brushed off most of my questions ... I only had three so not like I was being excessive... Anyway, I asked about contraception and she suggested a progesterone pill. She says it is fine for breast feeding mums, but again was not particularly reassuring. What have your experiences and knowledge been of it? Wish DH would go for the snip. He's thinking about it and is not adverse, just time issues as just started a new job with 18 wk training program and no absence allowed. Having been ttc for five years, three Ivf cycles our sex life was a bit trying anyway. He was not supportive of the pill idea really, but knows we don't want any more babies. However I have not been able to get pregnant naturally so he assumes it can't happen. I have friends in the same position who have conceived and neither of us wants that. Was a bit upset as he seems to be suggesting abstinence over protection. I don't want to take the pill unnecessarily, but it would be better to be prepared if the situation arose?

Sorry for the ramble, thanks for reading.

What about a non hormonal IUD? I had one with no problems, it doesn't interfere with bf and is very effective

Now that you have had a successful pregnancy you are much more likely to conceive naturally, even if it is still a slim chance, the chance has increased. Protection is important! I also have hormonal IUD. Not pleasant to have put in but much less side effects than pill and no tight schedule for taking pills. Once in you've got 5yrs of protection.

Seems like the ivf has taken its toll on your intimacy with your husband. When sex becomes a chore it can badly affect relationships. Maybe you need a bit of counselling about your ivf journey, or at least to be aware that it does leave behind issues for both of you as well as an amazing new life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->