contraception help? (sorry maybe tmi)

princess_x0

Reaction score
ok so i haven't been on here in a looong time. but im just wondering for any of you that had the injection and came off it, how long did it take for you to get a period?
I had my implant taken out, then a week later I got the injection, I asked the nurse if this was safe and she said yes because the hormones would still be in my system so I was like ok and toodled off. Thinking back I think I was a little niave :dohh:
Anywhoo, I got the injection in september, then I didnt bother to get the next one in november, I didn't get an af til 6th jan, which was extremely light, almost like spotting and very dark, old blood? it lasted 2 days and now it has stopped completely again.
I doubt I am pregnant, I haven't had sex since I came off the jab. I'm just wondering if it is meant to be like this, coz most people say they had their af straight away?

I havnt had any experience in this sorry but didnt want to read and run. Everybodys different and from reading lots of posts on this site about periods returning seems like it can take a while for a regular pattern to return. I would do a test and if negative get to your doctors and see what they say. good luck x

it took me 12 months to get a normal period, i do not like the injection and woulnt reccommend anyone having if if they are going to want a baby within 1-2 years of coming off it. sorry to sound so negative but my experience with it is not a good one.

hope all goes well for you though,,,x

Hi ya, I was on injection for 5 years from the age o 17. At the time I thought I was great cuz my periods virtually disappeared and when I did have one they were very light. I've now bn off it 3+ years n on the pill, although I am getting regular periods they are no where near as heavy as they were when I was 17. So yeah, I think it is extremely normal. But as jooascoe says, I wud not advise it to anyone hoping to conceive shotely after coming off it. Stick to the pill or condoms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->